Found over a Foot! No Kidding!!!

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Well, here is the culmination of a couple of hunts. I removed the really junky stuff and only included the stuff that was mildly interesting to interesting.

100_4097.jpg

See the foot. (I did find something over a foot...I just don't remember what it was!) :P

I found this on the edge of a yard that dropped off steeply to a retaining wall. It was 'only one' of a handful of silver coins that I have ever found, and a HALF DOLLAR to boot!!! I was super stoked!!! Mastereagle was with me and watched me remove it from the plug. He is currently seeing a psychologist over the event. :tard:

100_4102.jpg

100_4104.jpg

He was actually happy for me and looked kinda like this when he said "Congratulations":

Mastereag.JPG

Here are some other miscellaneous things that I found:

100_4099.jpg

100_4098.jpg

Upvote 0

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'd like to know about those tack looking thigs too...I find them a lot around homes, mainly right up next to them. They aren't pointed, they haven't been hit on the head (the thin soft copper would show a hammer mark), and they are all bent in the same spot at the same angle. I get frustrated when I find them because I can't figure them out. I found some this past weekend at a house built in the mid to late '40s...brick house, shingle roof.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
Nice finds,

Those old roofing nails read well. I find them in my yard alot when testing my units.

HH Jer
cheese said:
I'd like to know about those tack looking thigs too...I find them a lot around homes, mainly right up next to them. They aren't pointed, they haven't been hit on the head (the thin soft copper would show a hammer mark), and they are all bent in the same spot at the same angle. I get frustrated when I find them because I can't figure them out. I found some this past weekend at a house built in the mid to late '40s...brick house, shingle roof.
:wink:

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Great finds, BB! No doubt about it, ME almost lost all control when you dug up the Walker. :D Can't say I blame him!

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Alot of those walkers showing up lately. Good job on the finds. Sounds like you guys had a pretty good time. 8)

I_Dig_NYC

Jan 25, 2008
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
NICE FINDS :thumbsup:

THAT NUT AND BOLT LOOKING THING IS A WIRE LUG.

USED TO SPLICE 2 WIRES TOGETHER.

IT'S PROBABLY MADE OF COPPER OR SOMETHING.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i see split bolts for grounding, and

a carb jet! i bet a old hot rodder got pissed! dropping that jet.....

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
walker, MO ranger! GOOD STUFF there. I thought you two had died in a horrible MDing crash or something! Good find and good to see you back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread