Sep 30, 2006
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cult Member
Cutlass II micromax
Bandido II micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of an old story but thought I would post it since I recently found this forum. I found this '56 Heavener Oklahoma High School class ring with the initials 'B.S.' at a city park in Dallas. I couldn't wait to start tracking down the owner. I was a little disappointed since the advent of the internet made it almost too easy to find him. Within 4 hours of digging this ring I found a Heavener High alumni website with a class photo. There were 2 guys with those initials! I inquired to the webmaster who I was and what I found. A few days later I get a call from a guy who says he is sure it is his ring because the other person in the class with the initials 'B.S.' was sitting next to him on a plane getting ready to take-off and he had his class ring on! We made arrangements to get together when he got back in town. Owner says it was stolen by a roommate in 1969. A replacement that he bought got chewed up in a sink disposal. The look on this guy's face after getting his ring back was a great reward. He gave me $50! I tried to decline because it was not about receiving a reward but he said 'please take this'. The ring was gold and could have fetched more $ but the satisfaction of returning the item surely outweighed any monetary gain. Have a great day! - Satellite

Attachments

• 1stcls56aa.jpg
    1stcls56aa.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 559

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
S,

welcome to the board.

Hope to see more posts of your finds.

Nice story on the ring you returned.

have a good un.............

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done!
Great story!

Nothing is better then the satisfaction you get from returning something someone has lost.
I salute you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions