Picture or Video 224.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 609
  • Picture or Video 221.jpg
    Picture or Video 221.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

WV sifter

Aug 24, 2011
very nice pottery,looks missisipian ,but I cant be sure ,need more pics/different angles..looks like baked red clay,same type many clay/trade pipes where made of,could be a trade item,as the material and construction do not look Indian,buy hey what do i know ,ive never seen any pots in person, as all ive found are shards. None of that material though :icon_scratch:

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The first picture with the ridges on the inside look like broken pottery I've found on Spanish sites in the Caribbean. Definitely not prehistoric native American.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Lol same here Joe, i was picturing a field of buds! Ok as for the pottery no expert here but I do have a lot of broken native pottery and I dont think yours is a native american artifact. I could be wrong but dont think so.

OP
OP
RELICDUDE07

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Yes was done on wheel..I was looking at some old stuff done on wheels-The Wave stuff really strange time & culture

WV sifter

Aug 24, 2011
"A field of buds!" haha your a funny guy buzzgator,although that wouldnt be a bad find either ;D

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Twice I have made finds like that in the last 20 years once metal detecting found a huge field and once hunting for fossils found a bale washed up on a island south of Charleston, SC. True story!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread