Found! Shipwreck, Spanish Galleon?

Geeebers

Aug 3, 2007
Redondo Beach, CA.
Detector(s) used
J.W. Fishers, Pulse 8
While visiting the Caribbean, I've been traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. While during my stay, I've checked out different coves and sights. One day while I was diving in approximately 120 feet of crystal clear Caribbean water, I spotted an outline of a vessel in sand and four tall masts that laid parallel to one another. The outline of this vessel was approximately 100 feet long, and about 30 to 40 feet wide. Being that this was a beach dive, I could only scan over the area with my detector. I've picked up all sorts of sounds, some very intense and others not as much. Since I was close to the shoreline I figured there would be some cans and other stuff. However, I know what I had seen, and I ponder to whether this could be a Templar vessel, Spanish Galleon, or a Pirate ship. What I need, is to find someone who has a vessel that is equiped and can gather a crew. Do you know anyone that has this capability. Please contact me.

Upvote 0

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
I don't really know anything about that kinda stuff but from a business standpoint, I would think you would need to find something of value on the site to prove to people that the site is worth the investment...it is expensive to do a treasure diving operation and not many people are willing to fork out the money without the slightest proof that the wreck may hold something good. Not trying to burst your bubble, just trying to help. Maybe you should hit the site again and see if you can find anything with a detector!

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
Surely their must be a way of finding out all the shipwrecks on that part of the coast, Should be records somewhere but that is where i would start my investigation. Might be some unimportant wreck that is already noted.

Just my thoughts :-\

cheers ;D

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the wreck is off a Local Beach, I would take my detector and go work the area a bit ..see what you can bring up..who knows what may be lurking down there..and do watch for sharks !!!! Did you watch Shark Week on Discovery last week ??? LOL Be Careful !!!!

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Mr. Geeebers, contact Mr. Ole Grubstake. "Grubby" lives in N. California where he metal detects and has some awesome finds. He recently returned from diving in the W. Indies with some great finds. I'm sure that he could give you some good advice. Also, let me know if you need investors. Thank, RuffandTuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread