Found Some Change In A Small Old Park

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Was passing this little park today and said what the heck got no where to be. Spent about an hour there swinging around the trees and found a 1954D wheat, a bicentinal 2 bits, and a few other pennies and another 2 bits of clad. The bicentinal was the deepest at 7 inch. Best part of all was a little old lady doing laps around it. She stopped and asked me if I found anything. I said just a old wheat penny and some other change but I hadn't been there long. She pointed to a house and said I live right there stop by sometime if you want to look around it. It was built by my great granddaddy around in the middle 1800s :)

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 517
Upvote 0

john37115

Nov 8, 2007
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
Way to go. Thats how I get alot of sites to hunt, by curious people coming up and talking to me while I'm detectin. They always have stories to tell and sometimes can provide local history and good places to go detect.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
forget the pocket change the "find" of the day was the invite to hunt the old homestead. ;) see being polite pays off.

F

Felinepeachy

Good Job!!! That's like 8 times better than I've done all year. ;D

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Yes one should always be polite and share our hobby. I have a hard time when kids start to trail/help me and not letting them find something. Even if it stops my own hunting as I usually have a few pennies in my pocket for them or give up one I found. Tosssing one of them when they are not looking and saying I think there is something over here. Leaving it to them to rustle through the leaves or sand and discover. lol sometimes it can be a distraction but it is always a smile

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread