Found something today :)

satansfollower

Greenie
May 21, 2008
Found something today :) Update

Went to my honey hole for a few hours today. I concentrated on the deeper woods areas and dug most signals. I got a large plain flat button and this item. It rang up very high on the T2 SE at about 9 inches deep. Any idea what it could be? I know it hung from something as it has a loop on it that is not in the pictures. I can make out some language, I think it is latin. I am guessing this is some sort of ecclesiastical piece but I have never seen something with a different person on each side. Any ideas?

Update in bottom post.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Upvote 3
Your name is "satansfollower" and your first posted find is a religious medal with an image of Jesus Christ. Oh the irony...lol

Christ and Mary, probably Catholic, possibly 1800s.

There's no way to change a name? Message a moderator, tell them you found Christ and need a new name hahahaha

The Lord works in mysterious ways. Cool find, and let us know what your new name is if you ever change it.

I'm no bible slinger although I do believe. Twice I was lost (actually lost) in the woods but it was early so I was still,swinging what do I find. A half dollar size St Christopher medal. ( patron saint of the traveler )

Next time I was lost it was getting late and I was looking for a path out what do I find. St Anthony ( lost things)
So yes. Change the name ;-)

Satan's Follower Finds Jesus.

Film at 11

There's no way to change a name? Message a moderator, tell them you found Christ and need a new name hahahaha

now THATS hilarious!!! lol:laughing7:

My research thus far has lead me to a collector of religious medals and medallions. He is of the opinion that this is pre 1500 ad to the 17th century. Would have been carried by a monk or priest, and that it has high archaeological significance since it was found in the USA. He thinks it is likely pre reformation. The earliest record I could find of white people in this area is 1618. he said it would have been carried by a monk or priest since it is no common medal. Neat. :)

I'd guess on style of the text font, and image portraits this could be early to mid 19th C. I am in no way an expert on religious
medallions , just relying on experience gathered over the years here , seeing countless coins, medals , relics , buttons , jewelry, etc.

(Start Following Jesus !)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back