Found the lid to yesterday's coffee pot

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back detecting the old railroad bed/farm dump site today and found the lid to yesterday's coffee pot. Also found my 13th Coca Cola bottle, a vintage Pepsi Cola bottle, 2 different size Ball Perfect Mason jars along with 2 lids, 2 more cobalt blue bottles, a Pertussin bottle, a glass salt shaker, an old brown porcelain door knob (yesterday a white), etc. 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 11

IndianaBonesMD

Mar 12, 2017
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They say coffee tastes better from a well seasoned pot.
Nice group of finds.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, surely older stuff is waiting for you.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love those blue cobalt bottles! I did happen across some old, picked over cellar holes recently and most of the bottles had been broken on the sandstone foundations, most likely kids doing what kids do...great finds...Ddf

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
What great luck to have found the lid for your previous coffee pot find. I wonder why the lid seems to be in such better shape than the pot itself ? Those old soda bottles are pretty nifty too. I watch youtube videos of dump and privy diggers in action.
The diggers are always delighted to find old soda bottles that are undamaged. Nice ones like you have are difficult to come by. Some are worth big bucks. You have some very nice display material. I guess early Spring is a good time to hunt for glass and other old goodies. You beat the bugs and poison ivy by a month or so. You have found a great place to exploit. You always seem to find some really nice things. Thanks for sharing...can't wait to see what you will discover next.

OP
OP
2moshers

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A relatively warm winter here in New Jersey has left the ground unfrozen for the most part wagbert. Prime conditions for detecting the overgrown woods. Having lived here most of my life I know where old untouched dumping grounds are in the area. Just recently getting in to metal detecting and I am set for a time. You would be amazed as to what I have left behind. Have only found a couple of coins in the old dumping areas to date, a Shield Nickel, Standing Liberty Quarter, and several wheat cents. Also loads of relics. The coffee pot was still half above ground in the woods where I found it. The lid was buried deep nearby. Is now part of a window display. IMG_6794.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions