Found these in a field in Hertfordshire, uk

Rob1981

Nov 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, found this in a field (small coin shape), quite unusual as it has two holes in it, I think it's copper but numbers were lower that usual for copper on the equinox 800 coming in at 15
Next item found in the same field, I have no idea what it is.
And the last one with the three holes, I have some Inklings but not 100% sure
IMG_20181116_212143.jpegIMG_20181116_212238.jpegIMG-20181113-WA0033.jpegIMG-20181114-WA0045.jpeg

Well, the first item is likely a low Copper, maybe Bronze coin. The second item appears to be some type brooch or pin and is likely not extremely old and I am thinking 1950s to 1970s but could be off on the age. The third item appears to be related to a drawer pull or cabinet door knob cover and could be mid 1800s to mid 1900s.

Upvote 0
Well, the first item is likely a low Copper, maybe Bronze coin. The second item appears to be some type brooch or pin and is likely not extremely old and I am thinking 1950s to 1970s but could be off on the age. The third item appears to be related to a drawer pull or cabinet door knob cover and could be mid 1800s to mid 1900s.
Thanks mate [emoji106] the field were on has revealed some really old relics and Roman coins, so worth an ask just incase [emoji6]

Upvote 0
First one is a roman bronze coin, it looks way over cleaned, the last item is a drawer escutcheon.

SS

Upvote 0
First one is a roman bronze coin, it looks way over cleaned, the last item is a drawer escutcheon.

SS
Admittedly I did scrub it up a bit much, it was completely unidentifiable, thanks for the id m8 [emoji106]

Upvote 0
Admittedly I did scrub it up a bit much, it was completely unidentifiable, thanks for the id m8 [emoji106]
The detail was there, just soak it next time in something like distilled water, or sometimes olive oil will lift the detail.:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

SS

I was thinking possibly later than Roman as it appears to have a large Shield on the Reverse! I am not very knowledgeable on Roman coins. Does any Roman coins have such a large Shield on the Reverse?

Upvote 0
I was thinking possibly later than Roman as it appears to have a large Shield on the Reverse! I am not very knowledgeable on Roman coins. Does any Roman coins have such a large Shield on the Reverse?
I think the reverse is camp gate.

Upvote 0
You can see an example of the reverse in Crusader's post yesterday. Bottom photo of three roman coins, first coin reverse, roman gate with M below right.....Joe McDonough

Upvote 0
You can see an example of the reverse in Crusader's post yesterday. Bottom photo of three roman coins, first coin reverse, roman gate with M below right.....Joe McDonough
Not quite this is the Globe on Alter reverse.
it was probably holed in the Saxon period as jewellery.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back