beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lately I've started hunting homes built in the 40s and 50s. When I first started metal detecting in January I looked almost exclusively for "old" homes and would hunt only them. As these are not so easy to find I decided about a month ago to start checking out the newer sites. Results have been better then hoped. These are from todays house. Found 4 wheat pennies, all from the 40s, and $2.07 in clad.

So looking forward to getting up to Kingston, NY in October and meeting Frank and Rich and doing some hunting together.

8-24 finds.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 17

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice coins buddy! You will have a blast in Ny. Some fantastic history there. I have a book called The Urban Treasure Hunter. It's written by a guy who's done a lot of detecting in the city. He's found some amazing things hunting in the city parks and other huntable spots. It's a great read and really gives some great detecting tips that are not only good for the city but for hunting in general. Glad you got out and made some nice finds bud

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beauties right there... good finds

antique man

Feb 2, 2014
Those are in excellent shape considering they came out of the ground. Nice finds and thanks for sharing! :-)

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beautiful coins, congrats

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What did you clean those with? They're extra shiny!

OP
OP
beez0404

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What did you clean those with? They're extra shiny!

I use baking soda and a soft tooth brush. That is what I was told works well on silver coins that are not key dates.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you figure people are possibly carrying several decades of coinage in their pockets at any given time. So, just trying to find the really old places isn't totally necessary to find moderately old silvers and such. One park here I avoided for a long time, until I got the detector I have now...but mainly because I had always thought that since it wasn't that old, I would never find anything that historical or age wise interesting. Then it dawned on me, as the park was platted in the late 60's...those folks walking around then could have been carrying and losing coinage from their pockets perhaps dating several decades back. With this in mind I decided to start going back...first time back I hit a 1952 Roosie from a small coin spill...it was among early 70s and late 60s coins in the same hole. Duh, right? :occasion14: Great silvers, congrats!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds Jay... congrats on a triple silver day! GL&HH.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice looking silvers! Congrats!
Great yard you are hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread