found these today!

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
hello all,

i thought i'd better go out and find something to post instead of getting too comfortable on the computer posting stupid jokes out of boredom!

i got a vicky penny 1898 and a george111 half penny where you can see all but the date.

a pewter button and some ringpulls, two of the rinpulls were in the same hole! does this count as a bag spill :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• two hours 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    two hours 003 (600 x 450).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 821
  • two hours 004 (600 x 450).jpg
    two hours 004 (600 x 450).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 812
  • two hours 005 (600 x 450).jpg
    two hours 005 (600 x 450).jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 808
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than a kick in the nuts

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
thanks nick, but like crusader said its better than a kick in the nuts and thats about it! thats as good as it gets where i am!

three round things in two hours :thumbsup: i was quite pleased as there was about ten signals per swing and i managed to weed these out!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
i was quite pleased as there was about ten signals per swing and i managed to weed these out!

Was it a dump?

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
i was quite pleased as there was about ten signals per swing and i managed to weed these out!

Was it a dump?

no! it was the river bank again right next to the bridge! its had about 18 inches scraped off to help cope with flooding.
the detector goes crazy as soon as i turn it on! i felt a bit sorry for the man trying to fish as i had no headphones but he was ok!
we both arrived at the same time so i threw down the gauntlet "who gets something first" he won on his first cast :D
but he was mildly impressed with my 250 ish year old coin.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:

Was it a dump?

no! it was the river bank again right next to the bridge! its had about 18 inches scraped off to help cope with flooding.
the detector goes crazy as soon as i turn it on! i felt a bit sorry for the man trying to fish as i had no headphones but he was ok!
we both arrived at the same time so i threw down the gauntlet "who gets something first" he won on his first cast :D
but he was mildly impressed with my 250 ish year old coin.

I remember you have done some before. The river is not far off a dump for most people >:( They have done the same to the bridge near me I keep meaning to detect next to there sign 'deep mud' (its about 1ft deep ??? :D )

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
its a very frustrating place to detect with my machine, i know for sure that i am missing stuff but couldn't possibly dig all signals! i bumped into an old friend the other day who also detects, he told me he got a cut half penny when they scraped the other side of the bridge >:( which i thought i had done to death. thing is i have to turn my disc right up so i am probably missing all the things i want :(

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Shaun you sure are getting better, only 4 pulls now... darn fishing guys! Quote: but couldn't possibly dig all signals. Maybe not there (are you sure since the other guy pulled up a half?). Keep this in mind Shaun... If there are a lot of trash signals but you THINK its a good place, dig them all away (the trash signals). In between them you will find good finds, not only trash. When you get done digging all the signals look and see what you have found, and don't be surprised to find some goodies there.

If I think a place is good, old and the ground looks good, I just take my time (YEA Shaun, I CAN do that too) and dig every signal, iron or not iron, good or bad. Until its finished. Then I get another detector (spare one or bigger coil) and do it again. Walking that way and then the opposite. I just keep going, even if it takes more than a day. IF the place was a good one, but covered with trash I WILL find good finds. At least that is my experience. I had the same in Poland, got permission to search a castle in a small village. Was nothing but trash because it turned out to be a tourist attraction, you know with busses and all that stuff. Well anyway found a place where the ground and location looked good, pulled all the trash out of a say 4x4 yard area, and picked up some good stuff there, nice silver. So it does work, just have to have the time and patience, and know that it MUST be there.

Anyway, you did OK this time... BTW Great to see a post from you with finds. Now one with your 2nd Fav field finds!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi shaun Nice to see ya getting out and your jokes are good just like the one you sent me.lol

tinpan Check your messages hehehehehehehe

OP
OP
shaun7

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tinpan said:
Hi shaun Nice to see ya getting out and your jokes are good just like the one you sent me.lol

tinpan Check your messages hehehehehehehe

whats soap :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread