✅ SOLVED Found this awesome piece today walking the creeks. Never seen a piece like it.

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys. Its been a long time since I have been on Tnet but I need help from some experts out there. I was doing some arrowhead hunting today in a creek here in WV where I have found many points over the years. It was freezing cold and things weren't going all that well. I had only found some broke pieces and some flakes but I came across this piece and almost didn't pick it up because it looked to weird to be anything. At first I thought it was some kind of concrete piece but after I picked it up I realized that it was much more than that. I have know Idea what kind of rock it is but this sucker is the size of your palm and you can tell it is something special. I am gonna take it to an archaeologist in the morning but I thought I would post it here and see if anyone had ever seen something like this. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    618.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    692.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    547.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    641.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    623.7 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much. I am satisfied. This is why treasurenet is the best site to be on. Thank you all.

I had no idea until Charl mentioned stoppers for jugs and I googled it and it came up with that link so I give all the credit to Charl, I'm just good at Google lol

It's a cool find and I like finding those odd things as much as the other artifacts!

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had no idea until Charl mentioned stoppers for jugs and I googled it and it came up with that link so I give all the credit to Charl, I'm just good at Google lol

It's a cool find and I like finding those odd things as much as the other artifacts!

Maybe, but credit to you, Peaches. I tried, but could not find a photo of the porcelain ones I was thinking of to save my life! I knew they were out there though. Tried every search query I could think of, but you used google better then me, kiddo!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread