jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 36 pound avg. per gallon is based on the fact that it is mixed black sands. hematite,magnatite, iron, iron pyrite,silvanite,chromite,scheelite,and lead carbonates all vary by area and affect that average.

As long as people have been discussing placer mining they have been discussing black sands. If we were allowed to share links to other forums I would post numerous that back up what I'm saying. There are numerous hear who already know all of this and are most likely shaking their heads right now and nodding in agreement with me.I would say I don't understand why you lash out at people but, I have my own ideas why so whatever just keep attacking and insulting me and others. i don't expect it to stop.

I expect it to Stop :(

& no ... No sharing Websites that are in Competition for Members,
want Customers, Or Have Advertisers is the Best way I can think of Putting it. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
End the arguing or I will and some may not like how...

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't correcting I was broadening the subject for the sake of knowledge. Your numbers are on the very high end. I never said you were wrong, or incorrect. The majority of black sand concentrates are nowhere near that heavy.

I was typing while you posted treasurehunter not trying to get the last word sorry

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
:BangHead: Amazing..... I used to be disgusted...... Now? ... I'm just amused.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
This one makes me laugh hard! All you do is share everything with us that YOU feel we should know but when someone asks you to share something your too good?? LOL!!!
First of all the grease table that the boys made is not the topic of this thread in other words it is off topic and against tnet rules.

Second we are showing it to mining equipment manufactures under a non disclose agreement. They can patent it if we come to an agreement.

Third why would I give specs and pics to people who would not try a 60 second test using a gold pan and have done nothing but critisize and say the process can't work in spite of showing numerous mining journal articles and scientific studies?

Forth it would take forever to post due to those who constantly turn threads into a circus.

Fifth it has nothing to do with me being to good.

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Reptwar... Ask officials and do some research to find out how often and when the channel was dredged and where they put the dredged material. Find out if you can get samples. If there is gold in the samples and they are willing to give or sell access to the materials we will supply you with the needed equipment for a percent on the honor system.

Here is a good place to start. Track down these guys and other commercial dredging operations.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eoR4F09md84

I sent a pm with contact info so we can communicate without constant interuptions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reptwar... Ask officials and do some research to find out how often and when the channel was dredged and where they put the dredged material. Find out if you can get samples. If there is gold in the samples and they are willing to give or sell access to the materials we will supply you with the needed equipment for a percent on the honor system.

Here is a good place to start. Track down these guys and other commercial dredging operations.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eoR4F09md84

I sent a pm with contact info so we can communicate without constant interuptions.

Once again an excellent suggestion! Thanks, and I hear ya about the interruptions. I will PM you when I get off work

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Reptwar you are centrally located and surrounded by gold States. Being that our table can quickly extract -74 micron gold that suspends in water and the fact that miners hold onto their black sands would you be interested in processing drums of black sands? I just checked freight rates. It would cost about $1,000 to ship a drum from the portland area to your location. It would cost about the same or less to ship from any gold location. It would be very profitable to process black sands for others!

OP
OP
reptwar1

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reptwar you are centrally located and surrounded by gold States. Being that our table can quickly extract -74 micron gold that suspends in water and the fact that miners hold onto their black sands would you be interested in processing drums of black sands? I just checked freight rates. It would cost about $1,000 to ship a drum from the portland area to your location. It would cost about the same or less to ship from any gold location. It would be very profitable to process black sands for others!

And I just bought a house that has an EXCELLENT place to set up. Work shop on a concrete slab

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A local geologist did a study before the lock/dam system was built, and yes, today's equivalent would be between $250-$500k every 24 hours. I personally know a guy locally that got over an ounce by suspending a mercury laden screen in the river for either 1 or 2 weeks. I forget which, but the micron gold is EVERYWHERE around here :)

I'm still trying to find your source data. The Webbers Falls dam report (1964) doesn't mention gold at all. Neither do any of the other dam reports from that era.

The most accurate testing done (PDF) shows values of .012 grams per ton and that is only in the small area around Fort Smith. These figures are for soil samples, there are no detectable gold values found in the NURE (National Uranium Resource Evaluation) water samples.

I've got 7 reports on Arkansas river dams from the 1964 era but none of them mention gold. As you can see I collect these reports so if you could share the name of the report that shows gold suspended in the Arkansas river I would appreciate it. I'll track down the report and share it with everyone. Heck who knows all those silt dams on the lower Arkansas river might become the next big gold rush. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm still trying to find your source data. The Webbers Falls dam report (1964) doesn't mention gold at all. Neither do any of the other dam reports from that era.

The most accurate testing done (PDF) shows values of .012 grams per ton and that is only in the small area around Fort Smith.

I've got 7 reports on Arkansas river dams from the 1964 era but none of them mention gold. As you can see I collect these reports so if you could share the name of the report that shows gold suspended in the Arkansas river I would appreciate it. I'll track down the report and share it with everyone. Heck who knows all those silt dams on the lower Arkansas river might become the next big gold rush. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

I think that you are using the wrong usgs database. Water sample data is the usgs nure database and does test for gold.

There is also a nure stream sediment database that does test for and shows gold in reptwars area but at this point im am interested in where dredge materials were dumped. If reptwar can get samples we will do our own tests!

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

The most accurate testing done (PDF) shows values of .012 grams per ton and that is only in the small area around Fort Smith.

Heavy Pans

Using your figures:

A cubic foot of water weighs 62.43 pounds. 16,000 cubic feet of water per second flows over the dam. 998,880 pounds of water flow over the dam per second or roughly 500 tons. .012 grams x 500=6 grams of gold per second or 360 grams per minute or 21,000 grams per hour or 518,000 grams per 24 hours or 16,668.81 ounces of gold per day!

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

The most accurate testing done (PDF) shows values of .012 grams per ton and that is only in the small area around Fort Smith. These figures are for soil samples, there are no detectable gold values found in the NURE (National Uranium Resource Evaluation) water samples.

Heavy Pans

As I already stated before you Edited your post nure water sample reports do not test for gold and nure sediment samples do test for gold.

Water:
http://mrdata.usgs.gov/nure/water/show.php?place=fUS05

Sediment:
http://mrdata.usgs.gov/nure/sediment/show.php?place=fUS05

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160728-171057.png
    Screenshot_20160728-171057.png
    361.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that you are using the wrong usgs database. Water sample data is the usgs nure database and does test for gold.

There is also a nure stream sediment database that does test for and shows gold in reptwars area but at this point im am interested in where dredge materials were dumped. If reptwar can get samples we will do our own tests!

Compared to:
As I already stated before you Edited your post nure water sample reports do not test for gold and nure sediment samples do test for gold.

Water:
Show data, given a sample identifier

Sediment:
Show data, given a sample identifier

Perhaps fix one of them?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions