1467640816919.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You must have missed... olephilic adhesion equipment... Do you see it in the post now?
You know the post with the pic that you replied to? It's olephilic adhesion equipment, not a lol diamond dredge.

Yes, I know it's olephilic adhesion equipment...unlike your boyfriend, I heard you the
first time. Apparently there an issue here with your comprehension of the question I asked.

I asked:

Originally Posted by DizzyDigger View Post
Can you explain what that piece of equipment is (manufacturer, model, function, etc),
or is keeping it a secret just a part of the head games you're playing with us today?

Clearly, the correct answer is the second portion of my question; the portion following my words "or is".

Your game playing has become so predictable you're beginning to bore me. Have a good life.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you put the burlap?

So an oil skimmer Id imagine would do just as its named, skim oil from the water. How does this tie in with burlap, fish oil and grease tables?

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Where do you put the burlap?

So an oil skimmer Id imagine would do just as its named, skim oil from the water. How does this tie in with burlap, fish oil and grease tables?

We don't use burlap anymore. We use something that releases the gold and can be reused in the water column and can be laid/spiked into the bottom.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
We'll.... I'm still waiting to see some of this gold....

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you brought a snack...it might take awhile.
skeleton-in-chair.jpg~original

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got plenty of provisions....... :laughing7:

Your right .... I'll probably need them.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must ask.... Why, do you guys not ALL have a grease table, oil skimmer, burlap, fish oil thinamajig?
Seems you guys are losing all the pounds... of gold that she is getting....
It's a secret huh?

How 'bout recirculating the fish oil, through a highbanker that has mats that convert gold to a magnetic form... That ONLY gold sticks too, or is attracted too..... Kinda like a lint roller for gold!!!!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys must be really desperate to see superfine gold. Thats too bad.

Unfortunately recreational equipment doesn't capture enough to make it worth your time running spoon fulls over a grease table. We do drum full of cons and capture pounds of superfine gold.

You could give it a try with a lot of different things even a soup pot! Put some crisco on a rag and smear it in the pot. Do the sides and bottom. Put cold water in the pot, put in some cons, swirl it around and dump out the pot. Keep adding cold water and cons each time that you dump. When you are ready to recover the tiny gold particles that are each so small that you can't see the individual particles pour hot or boiling water in the pot with a few drops of dish soap, swirl it around a bit then pour it thru a paper coffee filter to capture the 5+ micron gold.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you have spent months attempting to educate people on how to do this....how difficult is it to snap a couple photos during your clean-up to better teach?

If it's that lucrative, I would think your process/equipment would be protected by a patent by now?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I was arguing against the majority before because I wanted to learn. Now, I have to argue "with" them.

I'm not taking sides as to what works and what doesn't, or whether something is even possible. But a little help from your end would truly go a long way. However, something tells me that I will soon be unsubscribing from this thread......again!

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
If you do not get it yet you will never get it!

We run multiple 55 gallon drums at a time. Why would I show you recreationals our equipment? With the minuet amounts that you recreationals have you can use a soup pot as explained in my last post. No pictures required!

We are getting from 1,000-1,600 grams of -200 mesh gold from each 55 gallon drum and you think that we should just hand you the simple process that we use? You the same who have done nothing but criticize? Yea ok! Maybe in another life!

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If you do not get it yet you will never get it!

We run multiple 55 gallon drums at a time. Why would I show you recreationals our equipment? With the minuet amounts that you recreationals have you can use a soup pot as explained in my last post. No pictures required!

We are getting from 1,000-1,600 grams of -200 mesh gold from each 55 gallon drum and you think that we should just hand you the simple process that we use? You the same who have done nothing but criticize? Yea ok! Maybe in another life!

EXCUSE ME??!!??!!??!! Just who is that aimed at??

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bike path that is all cracked up. I'm not sure what good a cordless vac would do because the dust is so small.
If it's a bike path with pretty scenery around it, grab some of those skate boarding cones to put out on either side of where you're working! I don't want to even think about how I know this!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We'll.... I'm still waiting to see some of this gold....

See what you started.....again.:laughing7:

About your post...I too would like to see some of the gold they are recovering and maybe a micrograph of what is being recovered to show some perspective.

On a side note, I know oleophilic adhesion works or least it worked for me on some minus 100 mesh beach gold and that impressed me since I had missed it after a couple of panning sessions of the same cons.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL...

I haven't tried it yet but I do still have some beach cons that I want to run through a greased up trough.
If this works it is gonna make clean up a breeze...... Now all I have to do is get enough to make the clean up worth it...... :laughing7:

Now I know there is something to oleophillic adhesion ... I have done as much searching as I can pretty much so it is just a matter of getting down to the doing.

I will post some pics when I get things together.

Here is 23 grain, 1 grain shy of a pennyweight.... of beach gold.... it took about 4 full gorilla carts to get this from several different outings.

Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 6.11.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 6.12.24 PM.png IMG_0049.JPG IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0056.JPG

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 33352cc514969267f20b0911de05b98d9844170042fe8abd86c528b3973809c4.jpg
    33352cc514969267f20b0911de05b98d9844170042fe8abd86c528b3973809c4.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 70

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
1,000-1,600 grams per 55 gallon drum. 600 gram discrepancy... I think I would re-calibrate your scales.

No.... That's not a discrepancy... It is a variable, just like every 5 gallon bucket you have hauled from the beach doesn't contain the same volume of gold as the one before it or after it.... Just sayin....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread