Found this in +/-4 gallons of dirt

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Okay. I've made four trip to this hole and pulled out about 120 gallons of dirt. This includes my last trip. The first couple pics is what I pulled from 4 gallons of last trip with another 20 gals to go. The pic with more gold in it, is a total of what I've done not including the pic from 4 gals. No big nuggets, but for the most part this is the Arizona gold. Lol. I sure enjoy this hobby. One of these days I'll weigh this for a total. Could be after this dig or maybe by years end. I think this amount at least pays for the gas.

So here's a question: Would you keep digging this hole? Or would you keep searching for a higher producer? Does anyone have an idea of the total so far?

Attachments

• image-98051984.jpg
    image-98051984.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 210
  • image-2453556909.jpg
    image-2453556909.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 221
  • image-1066477180.jpg
    image-1066477180.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 0
OP
OP
GarretDiggingAz

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look at all the beautiful purple flowers! I wonder if you can detect the presence of gold from observing plants in an area?

It's been said before to watch for certain flowers and plants. Certain plants/flowers seem to be attracted to certain mineral rich grounds. I'll tell ya this. I've detected this area and have found enough iron both sands and ore. Even found the pitcher plant. Golds been know to be around these flowers. I "still" didn't detect gold around there. However, digging in this particular area produces small pickers to fly poops.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would keep going. Gold is gold. Might go weeks without find any gold/silver MD'ing.

OP
OP
GarretDiggingAz

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
would a gold cube work well in that hole ?
I've actually thought about the gold cube. I think there's a hopper option for it, but not certain. I feel it's like my highbanker. Not a lot of material in a short amount of time. Instead it's 5 gallons or so in an hour.

OP
OP
GarretDiggingAz

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll be posting a pic of gold from first 5 gals. I forgot my gold sniffers. So I had to leave my gold in the cons and the mat.
Interesting thing is first run was dry dirt. Woke up at 2:30 am to rain. Crap! I'm in a wash and it's raining. Quick check on phone says supposed to rain till 10 am Thursday. Got my kids up and packed highbanker and sleeping bags into truck and went to higher ground. I didn't want to be one of the statistics. So anyway, the second run was 2-1/2 gallons of damp dirt/clay balls. I know I lost some gold, because I actually run it through a 20 mesh classifier. Found two small poops (crap), but I kept all the muck that's caught before going into recirc. Should be there. Normally I soak and classify all my clay soils so balls are in a bucket that I break down. Anyway, from what my test has shown. The hole's still a producer. I'll get up a pic tomorrow.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice stuff Garrett congratulations how do you get the gold out of the dirt. I tried panning some red clay dirt but cant have any luck at that.

OP
OP
GarretDiggingAz

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice stuff Garrett congratulations how do you get the gold out of the dirt. I tried panning some red clay dirt but cant have any luck at that.
When it comes to the clay balls. I soak them in water and mix the slurry. Then run through the sluice. Pan the cons. Just like gravel.
The clay balls are small because got classified down. Just mash down the bigger ones and swirl in the bucket. I'll wash my cons like that as well. Bucket works like the pan. Heavies down on bottom and clay materials stay on top as well as the black sands. Just takes time.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When it comes to the clay balls. I soak them in water and mix the slurry. Then run through the sluice. Pan the cons. Just like gravel.
The clay balls are small because got classified down. Just mash down the bigger ones and swirl in the bucket. I'll wash my cons like that as well. Bucket works like the pan. Heavies down on bottom and clay materials stay on top as well as the black sands. Just takes time.

My answer to clay balls until I have a working trommel is to classify to 1/2" and put everything else into 5 gallon buckets. At the end of the day the buckets were dumped into this cut down 15 gallon barrels and used the drill/mixer. Works like a charm to bust everything up into a slurry.

Drill.jpg

OP
OP
GarretDiggingAz

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AZViper
That's a good way to do that too. I just went through 4 gallons of red clay. Got three little knarly pieces. About the size of ground coarse pepper. Then about 5 specs like the size of salt. Daughters college fund (her bucket) not doing as good with that test spot, but still found something for the trouble. I'll post a pic of what she got after I get home from ASU vs Washington game. Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread