found this in my kitchen. ..hello!!!

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Like title said.....here is a good young 5 foot coon tailed rattle snake. ....in short it is going to be stuffed and mounted for display.....out in the country side...I leave alone....u enter my house.....well then its game on.....I win.... 20150328_174040.jpg 20150328_175103.jpg 20150328_175116.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14
OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
I tell you all it took a lot of restraint on my part not to grab the 12 ga and shoot it right off the bat......with gun in hand ......the snake took a defensive stance in the kitchen I figured if it advances shoot. .....well then I thought about replacing the kitchen floor but i didn't want to have to do the extra repair work... but if the snake advanced on me so be it I'd shoot it.... luckily my friend wanted to stuff the snake he says to me let's catch the snake.... I said ok get the metal detector... so he grabbed my mine lab metal detector.... i told him to pin the snake with the head of the metal detector while I thread a piece of wire through a metal pole.....when I attempted to place to loop around its head.....I had a hard time the darn snake kept biting the loop. ....when I knew I had a good grip.....I picked up the snake. .....took a few pix then drove over to my other friends house and placed the snake in a 5 gal bucket filled with 1/2gal of rubbing alcohol. ....a drunk and pickled dead snake.....my friend was pleased with the size....especially with the head attached....

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
No this is not the first time I have had wild life wander in....I normally get at least two tarantulas a year inside the house for some reason every once in awhile a kingsnake might pop up......they are pretty cool.....but a bit unnerving when you are not expecting it......

Roadrunner007

Feb 23, 2015
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQUINOX 800 BHID300, Spectra V3i, TDI Pro, 6000Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't want to find that kind of treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread