Found this on a beach

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all - I Found this near a shipwreck it was on the beach and I know there is a wreck off it as there is porcelain and some square spikes. Any ideas on what it may be, 1800 period is my guess made from lead with the small loop iron insert with 8 circle extrusions on one side three of them are worn flat, it appears molded but used or chaffed. Many thanks great forum - Cash is King

Attachments

• B 007.jpg
    B 007.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 533

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found one very similar, believed to be Portuguese from around the time of Columbus. They were used to balance the compass so yours could actually been the one he used to find the USA

Its worth many $1,000's and if I were you I should try and sell it on e-bay.

Unfortunately pepole are starting to copy them and using them as fishing weights.

Don't be fobbed of with a copy and stand out for the full amount.

Imitations can be found on:

http://www.gamefisherman.co.uk/ishop/1019/shopscr45.html

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice ID, VOC. I hope it's the real deal, Cash, and not one of the weights.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol............
that's so funny...
great ID VOC, great ID.

could be one of those chinese knockoff's, but let's hope it's the real deal :D ;D ;)

OP
OP
C

Cash

Aug 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse 1B
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its old I found it on place were the ballast is all tiger eye and small stone scattered all over in handfuls in the clay - there is only reef so the stone is ballast and the spikes is an intrusion from a newer site. I can post better pics soon, I figure older than 300 years based on the porcelain and glass shards, thank very much for the great input.
Cash is King

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cash..........

Do you know how many (modern) fishing weights, beer cans, and fishing lures are found in the bones of old shipwrecks? let's just say LOTS.

Trez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions