Found this on Ebay a few minutes ago.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alexfm123 said:
Anyone think they can afford this one? I think I'd like a house or something instead. ::)

;D

I'd have to agree about the house...
A $470,000 house doesn't seem to lose a large percentage of its value;
real estate is a pretty safe investment. Of course it could always go up or down; mostly up.
Conversely, if the gold market balloon bursts, gold could easily lose 50% of value.
Gold is just too volatile of a market to have that much tied up in it at such a high purchase price.
Just my opinion...

Scott

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
AU24K said:
alexfm123 said:
Anyone think they can afford this one? I think I'd like a house or something instead. ::)

;D

real estate is a pretty safe investment.
Scott

Tell that to the people who bought overpriced homes a few years ago. In the past I would say you are correct, but there are some places where home prices have fallen close to 50% since the height of the real estate boom from a few years ago. Especially higher priced ones.

I would be more worried that the bar is a fake (I have no way of knowing if the one listed is real or not). If the bar is real, I would bet that in the next 5 years it will rise in value more than the average house. But you cannot live in a bar of gold, so a house would probably be a better investment for many even if it does lose some value as real estate continues to drop.

But if I had 470K to put into gold, I would opt for as many one ounce Eagles, Maples or Krugs that I could get. Maybe a few kilo bars too. Seems that it would not be that easy to sell such a large bar.

Jim

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HaHa $470,000.00

Then he says I will have to insure 4.05 per $1000 dollars
for your protection I am covering insurance of course.

Let's Just Pretend for the Moment there Is no
Doubt & It is 100% Legit.

Does he realy Think somone would Make
the Payment & Have it Shipped.

Anyone who can afford $470,000.00
Is going to Carry it out Themselves.
I Know I Would.

NaturalJWL

Jul 19, 2007
NC
Wasn't there a headline not long ago about gold bars with tungsten centers >>? I thought 5 bucks might be a good offer on a fake bar. :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Leaning towards Believing it's Real
Or a Joke but not an Attempted Scam
Unless the Person is realy Brain Dead.

A I said nobody is going to Make Payment Without
Getting it Tested, Then Taking Possession of it
at the Same time they make payment. unless they are very very trusting.
and just as brain dead.

Sort of like selling the Statue of Liberty
on EBay
& Adding Shipping Charges.

OP
OP
alexfm123

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
jim4silver said:
AU24K said:
alexfm123 said:

;D

real estate is a pretty safe investment.
Scott

Tell that to the people who bought overpriced homes a few years ago. In the past I would say you are correct, but there are some places where home prices have fallen close to 50% since the height of the real estate boom from a few years ago. Especially higher priced ones.

I would be more worried that the bar is a fake (I have no way of knowing if the one listed is real or not). If the bar is real, I would bet that in the next 5 years it will rise in value more than the average house. But you cannot live in a bar of gold, so a house would probably be a better investment for many even if it does lose some value as real estate continues to drop.

But if I had 470K to put into gold, I would opt for as many one ounce Eagles, Maples or Krugs that I could get. Maybe a few kilo bars too. Seems that it would not be that easy to sell such a large bar.

Jim

Jim,

I also found an Ebay listing for 500 Pamp Suisse Bars. Last I looked, the bid was at $662,000. ;D

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is also selling: 3 Sealed Monster boxes of Silver American Eagle 1500 and wants $30750, ends in 5 hours.

Did you see the only purchase he has made? Silver Round 1 oz LIBERTY INDIAN HEAD for $22.83

My question is, why would he bother bidding on one piddly little ounce of silver when he has almost $500,000 in precious metals sitting somewhere.

He gives away too much personal info on his auctions. I have actually been able to find his home address where he and his wife Nancy live. He is just begging for a home invasion robbery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread