Found This ring today anyone help me with this???

bullfalls

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2011
I found this ring today when i was looking for coins i had my metal detector set for just coins and i got this about 4 in down its kinda heavy but im not for sure if it could be silver or something it has mexico 251 stamped on one side and on the other side it has T O -50 stamped on it does anyone know if its real or fake thanks for any help...

Tommy

Attachments

• DSCF7109.JPG
    DSCF7109.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 567
  • DSCF7113.JPG
    DSCF7113.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 558
  • DSCF7114.JPG
    DSCF7114.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 573
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about the mark but, it seems to be from a company called TAXCO and made after 1980. :icon_scratch: The TO 50 is a new marking system they started around 1980 the T is for TAXO and the O is for where it was made. (What City) The number 50 is the company who made it or the number of the company who registered those marks. It looks silver but .925 is the mark for silver I can't find what 251 is but I'm guessing it could be nickel silver or some other alloy that Mexico is popular for using. It looks silver and could be silver but the best way to tell is to get it tested !! :icon_thumleft:

Great ring !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

OP
OP
B

bullfalls

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2011
Thanks for all the info on that see i never heard of the 251 mark either so thats why i thought someone else might but i guess a jewelry store could test it for me

But thanks for everything Tommy

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine it was intended to be marked 925 but the 9 didn't get fully stamped. The "I" could be an initial. Pure conjecture however. :thumbsup:

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Good theory on the two but it looks strong and clear all day to me. Maybe it is only 22 1/2 % silver. Never heard of that, though. That is really off the wall.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
I can tell only the most obvious things about it - was made in the city of Taxco of Mexico after 1979 by some jeweller whose name started with 'O' and who was the 50th registered as TO. As people told you before me it can be some alloy. This "I" looks more like a separator than a letter to me.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find!
The tone from your detector should be able to tell you if it's 'mexican silver' or another nickel alloy as opposed to Silver.
as stated it looks like there may have been a 9 there, and it appears to have silver gleam, not the dull 'soapy' look. Best digs to ya :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread