Found this spoon yesterday

Jun 13, 2023
Do you know anything about the age of this?
20EAB62F-F41C-4CB7-B228-28B4A984EB5E.jpeg

Attachments

• 0C6A9941-A141-4755-A2DC-30842B3CBF66.jpeg
    0C6A9941-A141-4755-A2DC-30842B3CBF66.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When posting an Item on TreasureNet for us please post at least 2 pictures... one of front and one of back.
Also include clear photos of any details / marks / markings.

Now... as for a spoon... the above is paramount simply due to the fact that most spoon identification is done from the back of the spoon.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the guidelines...

When posting in "What Is It?", please give members the information they need to help identify your find:

1. Post sharp closeup photos of both the front and the back.
2. State the actual size of the item. Also, if possible, put something with it in the photo for scale: a common U.S. coin, a ruler, etc.
3. If there are any inscriptions which cannot be easily read in the photos, type them in full in your post.
4. If there are maker's marks, numbers, symbols, or other marks on the back which are not easily seen in the photo, post a closeup or a drawing of them.
5. Indicate the composition of the item. For example: "thin brass, filled with lead on the back."
6. Knowing where you found the item or how you got it can also be helpful in identifying the find.

• Once your item has been identified, don't forget to mark it "Solved."

• Finally, if someone identifies your item or provides other helpful information, take time to post your appreciation.

OP
OP
D
Jun 13, 2023
Here are the guidelines...

When posting in "What Is It?", please give members the information they need to help identify your find:

1. Post sharp closeup photos of both the front and the back.
2. State the actual size of the item. Also, if possible, put something with it in the photo for scale: a common U.S. coin, a ruler, etc.
3. If there are any inscriptions which cannot be easily read in the photos, type them in full in your post.
4. If there are maker's marks, numbers, symbols, or other marks on the back which are not easily seen in the photo, post a closeup or a drawing of them.
5. Indicate the composition of the item. For example: "thin brass, filled with lead on the back."
6. Knowing where you found the item or how you got it can also be helpful in identifying the find.

• Once your item has been identified, don't forget to mark it "Solved."

• Finally, if someone identifies your item or provides other helpful information, take time to post your appreciation.
From the back

Attachments

• 91D8752A-95EF-4EFA-B855-7EA45B5E8277.jpeg
    91D8752A-95EF-4EFA-B855-7EA45B5E8277.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 38

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:).... now... I know this is gonna sound "picky" but its not.... your finger is blocking the area most often where the / any markings would be.
I can tell this much so far... its not a very old spoon as far as "historical" realm goes.

OP
OP
D
Jun 13, 2023
:).... now... I know this is gonna sound "picky" but its not.... your finger is blocking the area most often where the / any markings would be.
I can tell this much so far... its not a very old spoon as far as "historical" realm goes.
There aren't no markings there, so I guess this is all information we have. Thank you for your tips and time.

Reactions: ARC

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Looks like a typical early 1900’s silver plated spoon. Probably Rogers
Very utilitarian as opposed to ornate. I tend to agree with relicmeister on the age. I would say possibly late 1880s. It is difficult to discern without any markings. Unadorned tableware was common at one point due to it being less expensive to make. I may have missed it, but I don’t know if you are in Oklahoma, Sweden, etc. If USA, I’d venture a guess that it came from a farm/pioneer family. They often saved money by avoiding the fancier baubles and frills. Good luck!🍀

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking at handle length compared to the bowl size it looks off.
I'm almost of the opinion that that decorated part of the handle is missing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread