found today

P

Pooley

I hunted for about 2 hours today at 2 different locations and found 9 quarters, 12 dimes, 3 nickles and about 70 pennies. All clad. I hunted at 2 houses. One was built in the early 50s and the other in late 50s. Hard to believe i didnt find a wheatie or silver. Must be deeper. Most of these coins were between 3 to 5 inches. Using an old Whites GEB Disc model. Getting ready to upgrade. Will post a pic after dinner

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good!

Gotta be some silver at those places, you'll find it, keep diggin!

HH

lonewolfe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
:o 70 pennies in 2 hours thats a whole lot of diggin pennies! nice finds!!

OP
OP
P

Pooley

trying to send a pic but my file size is too large. How do you make file smaller??

OP
OP
P

Pooley

lets try this again. There is a silver war nickel amongst the pennies, I got that in change the other day. One of the quarters looks like someone was trying to drill a hole in it

Attachments

• 75_quarterdimenic1.jpg
    75_quarterdimenic1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 75_pennies2.jpg
    75_pennies2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 248

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thats a lot of digging! WTG !! Keep it up ! HH!!

Attachments

• WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 193
  • WTG1.jpg
    WTG1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 200
OP
OP
P

Pooley

I hope to be upgrading detectors in the next 2 weeks. Looking at the ACE250. cant beat it for the price.

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
This helps confirm what I was told about the big detector surge in the 60's and 70's where so many areas where cleaned out of silver. So this leads us to change some of our finding techniques

OP
OP
P

Pooley

I agree, lots of people have detectors now, back when I first got involved in early 80s I hardly ever saw anyone out with a detector and I use to find lots of silver now I have a hard time finding a wheatie. Here in Florida at least where I live, the coins sink in the ground very fast so i am assuming that the older coins are at 10" and deeper. I found a state quarter at almost 6" deep.

OP
OP
P

Pooley

Went back to the same house that I have hunted about 10 times, every time I go there I keep finding coins. I found 1 quarter, 1 dime and 3 pennies in the same hole, all clad. I hunted it this morning with the Discovery 3000 / Bounty Hunter then gave up on it after about 15 minutes without a hit. Got out the old whites and found the above a total of $0.79 in clad, after I have hunted this house many times. I still cannot believe I have not a wheatie there yet, built in early 50s and on a lake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions