Found Treasures in the mail today!!!

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was an AWESOME care package from rtde3!!! There were lots of snacks and goodies, some blank Christmas cards to send out, a couple DVDs (Flyboys and Napoleon Dynamite), A CD of Christmas music and another of pariotic songs that he compiled, some Christmas decorations to include a couple santa hats, some bottle openers (which were way cool because our near beer over here doesn't have twist-off caps!), some magazines to include Vintage Truck, Reminisce, and Classic Truck. AND, saving the best for last, the WHOLE 2007 year of both W&ET AND Lost Treasures!!!!

The decorations went up with the rest of the decorations already in our work trailer (We're sure to win the Brigade Christmas Decoration Contest now!) and the snacks & goodies and everything else went to the guys to share.

And since I'm the only guy in our 5,000-strong Brigade that's into Metal Detecting you can guess who got the MD Mags!!! They're out for anyone to read though, maybe someone might decide it's something they'd like to get into.

I don't have my camera at work today, but I'll snap a few pics of our decorated office trailer and post them over on the "Daily Snapshot" Forum!

Thanks to rtde3 on behalf of myself and the crew, and Happy Holidays to everyone on TNet!!!

HH,
SgtSki

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that kicks butt!!

Well done rtde3!!!

I nominate this act of good will to the Best Of!!!

Stay safe sarge!!

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal and stay safe. Wish I could be there with you guys but my time is done. Keep your eyes open and your head down!!!!

Sergeant Jim Foster
Army Retired

DaChief!

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAN THAT WAS VERY NICE OF THEM, TO COOL FOR SOMEONE HELPING YOU DUDES OVER THERE.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is one of the most fantastic things that I have heard of! Big Merry Christmas to you guys and gals over there! And WTG rtde3 on the Christmas cheer!! :) :)

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this so true, very true, I did 9 years in the Army and I can tell you that at mail time that I would never get a letter from friend and family for a long long time, so I say do it write a letter to someone over there

Any Vet will tell you how bad it feels when your name is never called at mail call

nheikes

Jan 12, 2007
York Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
You all come home safe. God Bless you all and have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.

OP
OP
SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
doctorbb said:
Well done indead. Makes me feel ashamed I haven't done more. Merry Christmas to all and stay safe.
Doc.

Hey Doc, you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. There's quite a lot of stuff that people send over here. In fact we're swimming in it. I mentioned what Rob did on the Forum because it was more personal because it was from someone I was acquainted with (on TNet of course, but acquainted all the same). Now I can get caught up on the year's MD'ing with the issues of W&ET and Lost Treasures that he included.

But really, you don't need to feel bad in any way. Just the fact that you're thinking of us is more than enough. All of the folks on TNet that wish us well means an awful lot as-is.

HH,
SgtSki

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
rtde3 said:
Or you can go to http://anysoldier.com It's a program that is set up to get letters & packages to soldiers that never get any mail from home.

This is a great idea BUT one with a huge downfall, the mail is not going to get to anyone if it does not have a specific name on the address. There has been a big crack down on sending to "Any Soldier" this year. Your mail will be returned if there is a return address and if no return info it will be tossed out. This has been in the news, to much to go thru to scan every piece of mail for safety's sake so these types of mail will not go thru at all. Not even to the Walter Reed Hospital..... http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/Lists/WRNews/DispForm.aspx?Id=30&

There is an awesome program that will give you the names of soldiers, their address and platoon leaders or their contact person. It's called Adopt -A- Platoon. I volunteered for this program for a few yrs, it's great. They have a a website you can go to to apply for adoption or penpal. You need to register with them and verify your info to get linked up with a soldier/s or platoon, but it's well worth the safety of those on active duty.

http://www.adoptaplatoon.org/

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
If you have a SPECIFIC NAME on the address then yes it will go thru, but any mail marked or addressed to "ANY SOLDIER" will not. I was not referring to the anysoldier.com program itself, just any mail that is addressed like this ....
Any Soldier
TASK FORCE MED
APO AE 09300

Sorry for the confusion

*wanted to add also, that in the past this program only gave out APO mailing addresses with no specific name. You got mailing info and addressed ur package or letter to any soldier at that address. Since 9-11 they have changed their policy and now give a specific name with the address so the pkgs are sure to go thru.

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
NP Rob, It was me who made it all confusing. I guess that's what happens after sucking down Nyquil ;D
I love winter and think it's beautiful and all that happy crap (when I can stay inside ;) ) but I dislike the cold and having to be out shoveling snow. I alway's catch a cold and end up with strep throat.

I might be thinking of a different program, there were so many of them in the past but lots have disappeared recently. I'm pretty sure tho this program in the beginning only gave out addresses and then changed and added POC names and then names of the troops.

Regardless tho, these are great programs to get involved with and nothing beats getting a letter back from someone thanking you for the things you sent them or a picture of them.

I had one young navy seal that was about 22 yrs old ask me if I could send him flannel PJ pants and Chef Boyardee canned soup with the pull tab tops. He got what he asked for, a whole box of soup (about 30 cans or so) and his PJ's that had monkey's in camo on them ;D

It's not about what you send, it's about them getting some kind of mail which is a big moral booster.

Merry Christmas back attcha :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions