Found Yesterday at the Beach

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Got to the beach early yesterday and since it had rained the night before it was pretty neat being able to just see patterns of rain on the sand and me making the only footprints (well, for the most part). Makes it easy to see where I had been.

I found lots of crushed cans, beer tops and pulltabs. The HUGE earring looks like a mate to the one mumszie found today. When I pulled it up (from low water), I thought it was a gold bracelet but it is just an unmarked earring. The other two pieces were found separately and kind of look alike.

My son was with me and of all things - he unearthed a BEACH CHAIR using his metal detector. None of it was exposed till he started digging.

We had both just put new batteries in our MDs and figure it must have helped . I had found a couple of pennies and when I went to clean them - they cracked in half. What did I do wrong? It was like they had sand cemented on them.

Attachments

• MVC-052F.JPG
    MVC-052F.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1982, the U.S. mint switched pennies from copper to copper plated zinc, also known as zincolns. The copper is paper thin and the zinc is easily corroded by salt water.

Neat thing finding that chair, the only weirder thing I've have heard about are other MDs

HH
-GC

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
You did alright! A beach chair! Now that is funny. I've seen beach chairs and unbrellas on the beach mainly broken but neve have dug one up! Heh heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread