Foundation site yields Button , Spoon , Clay Pipe , Peace & Quiet

Midnightrider08

Mar 9, 2008
Northern Vt Border
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Foundation site yields Button , Spoon , Clay Pipe , Peace & Quiet

After a few weeks off from detecting much I have made my way back up on the Mtn to the old foundation site I had been working dated from the mid-late 1700's.

Have found tons of pottery and nails of course. Some of the better recent finds have been a shoe buckle , another flat button, a Handle to a kitchen utensil.

Found a spoon about 3-3 1/2 feet down inside back wall after finding what appears to be remains of a fire.

Yesterday I decided to do the inner rock mound a little that is in the middle of the foundation site. I removed the leaves and plants , then found stone and brick , then I found slate , then sand , then gravel , then I found big and little rocks that appeared to be placed perfectly but allowed air to come up from the ground. I started to get steam , smoke , fog comming out of the ground and found many pieces to a clay pipe about 3 -4 feet down in the hole. The mound is about the size of a large truck and I only dug a hole about the size around of a manhole so alot of exploring left there as well as the root cellar and front wall.

Waiting till fall to do a grid of the surrounding area. I hope to locate the dump before winter so I can have something to excavate next spring.

We love it up there. The Peace & Quiet is worth it alone.

Just wanted to let everyone know I was still at it.
Happy Hunting Everyone !!!

Upvote 0

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Foundation site yields Button , Spoon , Clay Pipe , Peace & Quiet

Glad this site is starting produce, I remember how frustrated you were from just digging nails. It's sites like these that require patience to yield great results, and it looks like it paying off. And I know what you mean about the peace and quiet, one of my favorite foundation sites in literally in the middle of nowhere.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Sounds like nice finds.
Would love to see the pipe.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Time for the Bobcat! ;D ;D ;D Keep at it and get some pics of that site for us all..jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread