Foundy oldest coin yet

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its nothing like most like most of you seem to find. To be honest its killing me to see all the old coins I see posted on this site that are found. Every day it inspires me to get out and hunt. :)
I went to a friends house that I am introducing to metal detecting and we searched their yard. Its a older house in a old town. Found a hand full of clad and a 1921 penny. I don't have a pic it was not in to good of shape. But it is my oldest so far also found a 1944 penny. They are going to start to clear the iron from the top and I am sure we will find more. I can smell the silver!

Upvote 14

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
My first older coin was a 1944 penny last May. Now I have 4 1800s under my belt including an 1803. You are on the right track! Keep it up, keep learning, keep researching better sites, keep getting permissions. You will have much older coins soon!

Congratz on the 1921!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Alright! getting older. It's fun to keep trying to top your previous bests. Fingers crossed you'll soon break into the 1800s!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It is interesting seeing how old many finds posted are.
Compete with yourself , while inspired by possibility.
Congrats on the 1921!
I'm always content recovering a coin older than myself to get warmed up.
Sometimes that's it for a hunt or even multiple hunts , but that's fine too.
Eventually a recovery will get you all fired up....!

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
68K - It will be a rush when you find that first 19th C coin... and on the second one... and the third... :headbang:

DCMatt

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep at it ,, i am still in shock over finding a Flying Eagle cent 1857. and few years later 1700's club with a 1736 Irish half cent

shoague

Dec 29, 2014
Frederick, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro AT, Garrett Propointer+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
exactly what caveman said. they are on the way

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it, you should be able to find 150 year old + coins in California. Find an older area to look within the state.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Any coin around 100 years is a good find. It's easy to forget how long ago 95 years was.

Nice digs and keep at it

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your persistence will pay off sooner or later. Go low and slow and don't fall in love with the vdi #'s too much... they get skewed so easily. There's plenty more at that house if you're finding early wheaties!

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a matter of time. Try some vacant lots. I've had good luck with them. My two oldest coins were found next to rail tracks and the other between the side of a the highway and a property line. 1864 U.S. Half and 1853 Chilean large copper. Out of the blue and unexpected.

HH
Mariposa Gold.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep the faith, and keep on swinging! There are plenty of wheats and other cool stuff in your future if you stick with this hobby. I was recently hunting two 1934 homes that were side by side. The first home yielded nothing but a little clad and some junk. I was frustrated and ready to head home, but talked myself into searching the next home. I walk across the property line to the next house and my first signal resulted in 6 wheats in one hole. By the time the day was over, I had recovered 32 wheats, 3 Mercury dimes, and 2 1940's Washington quarters. Keep going after those old home permissions and pretty soon we'll be seeing you post all kinds of cool finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread