Four Ring Hunt; Two Junkers and DOUBLE GOLD!!!!!........

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the weather was fantastic this weekend; tee shirt weather. I had plans for most of the weekend and wasn't able to get out until around three on Sunday, which left me maybe two hours to hunt.

I went to my "pounded" field and started swinging slowly and carefully. I have to admit, the targets are getting fewer and farther between. I started digging the usual pull tabs, can slaw, a few old keys and a few clad coins. Finally, I dug a ring but it was junk. Not too long after that, I dug another ring and it too was junk.

So then I got one of those REALLY bouncy hits. It literally bounced from iron to silver, all over the place; so I just had to dig to satisfy my curiosity and I'm really glad that I did. Out of the hole an easy six inches down on it's side and kinda' flattened was this tiny, bent and broken 14K Winnie the Pooh ring......

Two Gold Rings Tow Junkers Gator Pin Dec 13 2015 001.JPG

I was able to straighten it out a bit for the pic. I found an identical one on Fleabay for 139.00.

I was pretty happy because I haven't hit any gold in a while. Then about 15 minutes later, all the way on the other side of the field I got another one of those bouncy hits although not as bouncy as the first. It bottomed out in the foil range. Of course, I dug it and maybe about 6 or 7 inches down; out popped another small, bent and broken yellow and rose gold ring.........

Two Gold Rings Tow Junkers Gator Pin Dec 13 2015 002.JPG

I couldn't believe it. I can't make out the marks on this one because they're so worn but it looks really good. Given the depth and condition I'm pretty certain it's real. This is the second time I've hit double gold in this spot. They're small but gold is gold in my book. Including the junkers that puts the ring count up to 57.

I also found a junk earring and a small junker alligator pin.....

Two Gold Rings Tow Junkers Gator Pin Dec 13 2015 003.JPG

So given the limited time I had I walked away VERY happy with this hunt even though I didn't dig too many good targets. My entire weekend was awesome and this hunt just put the icing on the cake.

Two Gold Rings Tow Junkers Gator Pin Dec 13 2015 004.JPG

Once again, digging lots and lots of trash and those bouncy, questionable signals is always worth doing no matter how often you're disappointed. Once in a while there's a little gold hiding in the "trash" and "pull tab" zone.

And once again,
Thanks for lookin'& HH......

Last edited:
Upvote 12

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE GOLD FINDS AND YOU MAY HAVE A MATE FOR BLINGIE , WHADAFIND MASCOT ...

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NICE GOLD FINDS AND YOU MAY HAVE A MATE FOR BLINGIE , WHADAFIND MASCOT ...

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Whoda' thought huh??

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done G424. Two gold rings in one day... nice.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! I love both of those rings! Either one would make my day!

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very well done G424. Two gold rings in one day... nice.

Thanks.
These are the days we live for right?? It makes digging all of that trash worth it. I can't even believe I'm hunting in December so it's that's much better.
This time last year it was really cold.

This was only the second time I've hit gold twice in one day. I had a gut feeling that there was more at this spot and I've just been digging hundreds of pull tabs and other junk. It's a great spot that's been good to me. My plan is to upgrade to a better machine and do it all over again next year. I think there still may be some deep silver I'm just not reaching with my current machine. My little 7 year old hunting buddy pulled an 1895 V Nickel out of there not long ago and if there's one old coin there may be more.

Thanks again and thanks to all.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratz! I love both of those rings! Either one would make my day!

I like 'em both because I love to find any gold but personally, I'm partial to the two tone leaf ring. That rose gold is really nice IMO.
I read where they mix copper with yellow gold to create that color and I just think it looks really cool. But again, I'll take any gold I can dig up. There's just nuthin' not to love about FREE GOLD from the dirt beneath our feet.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread