Fourth Time Out For the Impact=CHARM!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Got out for a quick bit of much needed after work therapy. I decided to try a strip of sod just off the tilled field I have been pounding. Glad I did as my first recovery of the hunt was a beaten up 1887 Seated Liberty Dime. First silver for the Nokta Impact and the tone was SWEET! Not very deep. Maybe four inches and no trash masking the target. Made my afternoon for sure. I kept plodding along this strip of sod but, nothing else around the dime but foil, and other trash aluminum and iron.

I got out into the field just a few rows and scored a fat old gold gilded flat button. Shanks broke off and I can't make out any detail. I may have to do some cleaning on this one to get some stamping for the research. Not much else note worthy but, I have been finding too many of these little brass/copper fastener thingies that sound SWEET and crank out HIGH VDI numbers on my machine. I've found them other places and they sure mimic a nice coin signal. I used VLX2 mode again and I really am loving the tones. Learning my foil, can slaw, and iron sounds pretty quickly. Brass, copper, and coins all sound really sweet. Having fun with my new present even though I was "bad" this year! Thanks for stopping by. Kurios1

Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 001.JPG Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 004.JPG Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 007.JPG Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 008.JPG Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 009.JPG Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 010.JPG Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 012.JPG Fourth Hunt Nokta Impacts Seated 1887 Dime 015.JPG

Upvote 22

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats K1. You have done well lately sir.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff, Kurios! Loving that Seated...very nice. Yep, those little brass rivets ring up sweet and high, a tight little signal that mimics a coin...I've had my hopes dashed many a time. You are on a super streak, my friend! Don't stop! I can't get out due to work, I actually have a shiny, new AT Max that hasn't even been past the front door yet...ugh. But,
the days are going to start being a little longer now so I'm hoping to get out and break her in. Keep posting! Ddf.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome music to your ears that silver I bet!
Congratulations

39D8B046-BDB8-402D-BBE3-5D302475F368.gif

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find :headbang: Congratulations :thumbsup:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the Great find! :hello2::headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
Nice going on the seated! Yep the Impact loves gold and silver, no doubt about that :icon_thumleft:

Hey is that weather cover on the battery pack the factory one? Looks completely different then the one that came with my Impact Pro package (mine's made out of stretchy material similar to a wetsuit).

HH,
Brian

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds! I have not played with VLX2 yet. I'm kinda hooked on DI3 at the moment but, maybe when i revisit sites, i will change up the mode to see what happens.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Less than a week and the Impact sniffed out the silver!

I really like the the button. Sure is a dandy!

COINgrats!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer finds! I have not played with VLX2 yet. I'm kinda hooked on DI3 at the moment but, maybe when i revisit sites, i will change up the mode to see what happens.

It's almost a curse having a machine this versatile. So many options to experiment with. If I get one that's working for me I am afraid I won't use all the others. I am sure in time I'll give them a whirl. I am truly loving the machine for certain.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the seated! Yep the Impact loves gold and silver, no doubt about that :icon_thumleft:

Hey is that weather cover on the battery pack the factory one? Looks completely different then the one that came with my Impact Pro package (mine's made out of stretchy material similar to a wetsuit).

HH,
Brian

Yes, it's the stock factory cover. It is different than the one's I have for my Makro Racers. I believe the Racers are made of that material you mentioned like a wetsuit. It seems like it should keep the machine safe. Enjoying the heck out of the machine so far. Of course if you have any pointers or favorite settings for your Impact you'd care to share I am all ears. Thanks mate and keep clearing out those ghost towns.:headbang:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recovery on the Seated dime! Way to go. Congrats!!

Thanks mate. Getting java'd up and ready to go out on my next adventure. Four days off should be some good therapy for me with hopefully some cool old finds. Ya'll have a blessed weekend!:hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread