Frame For My Son

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son lives in Chicago. He's coming down in a couple weeks to go morel mushroom hunting (they taste much better than rocks). We never find much together when searching for artifacts, but mushrooms is a different story. I have been putting this frame together for him. I keep switching pieces in it as I find better artifacts. I only have one more frame to put together to cover my five children and I will be done. I can then start keeping a few to frame for myself, and put in the mail. Good luck searching.

Attachments

• DSCI0412.JPG
    DSCI0412.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
yes morels do taste much better than rocks. good luck finding them. had a terrible year last year. but cant wait for the weather to warm up. chasing flint is alot of fun but the MIGHTY MOREL is even better. where you at in illinois? madison county here close to st. louis. had half inch of snow yesterday. come on spring !!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in southern ohio. We had a warm spell a couple weeks ago and found five. The mushroom season runs from about now thru the 1st week of April around here. I usually watch the day/night temps and rain to determine whats up. And what foilage is coming out also helps. The crop here was poor last two years also. I will put some in the mail to my son also. Thanks for the view/reply. Happy hunting.

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Under-rated. I still think the pipe preform in this case (you posted it when you found it) is one of the coolest things posted here in a long time. Great find, thanks for getting it out there for viewing again.

Joe

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Nice thing to do for the family! The mushroom hunting is time well spent too. I'm in Northern Ohio and will have to wait a little longer than you before they start to pop , but I am getting the bug. It is close! Here are some pictures from last years finds.

Twig.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 224
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 213
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 218

in.rockhntr

Feb 28, 2011
SE IN.
Oh yea, I'm ready for some schroom huntin' too. That's pretty cool that your givin' all your kids a frame of some of your finds. I hope they cherrish it forever! Good huntin' to ya!

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Those big white mushrooms are the best. They are usually the last to pop up. That pic makes me hungry! Thanks for the comment on the pipe. Hopefully the weather will warm up in the next couple weeks!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking tray you put together Keith. I'm sure he'll be happy with that. I see that killer Pipe Prform is in there. That was a really nice piece.

I used to eat 'shrooms when I was younger, except the kind I ate made you see things. ;D

mad.co.walker

Oct 28, 2010
madison county illinois
mushrooms here went for $125 a pound last year early then dropped down to about $30. of all the years ive hunted i couldnt find one pound to sell last year. the year before flintchasr and some others found over 100 pounds. srv i know the shrooms your talking about. definitely a JIMMY HENDRIX EXPERIENCE. !!!!!!!! TAKEN BY MISTAKE OF COURSE. !!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
catherine1

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mushrooms sell for about 30 a pound around here. I usually give what I don't eat away to senior citizens and neighbors who can't get out or don't have any place to pick them.

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice frame. That will be something your son can pass down through the family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread