Frames from The Field That Never Fails. For SRV!

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes

Attachments

• Birds and Drills.jpg
    Birds and Drills.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 997
  • Birds and Drills.jpg
    Birds and Drills.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 990
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 981
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 998
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 991
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 997
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Re: My Point Frames.

badandy said:
Johnny, Johnny, Johnny! Shame on you finding that many killers in a ten year time period, LOL! You guys should see some of the axes he and his family have found in the field he is talking about. Whats the black speckly stuff on the points? Makes them look REAL, LOL! Johnny wishing you all the best in 09, and keep sharing your finds bud! Hows the little one doing?

badandy

Haha Hey bud, How ya been? It's not been to bad here. Just excited about the 09 season. I've already found 2 nice birdy's. How's your family been? Good I hope. Oh and I was curious If/When the Collinsville show was this year? I'm thinking about heading back up there to check out some of the displays.

Best of luck and hit me up sometime.
I've got a lot of time on my hands now!

SteveNX

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used

Adena_man said:
Awesome frames Steven! I've been lucky enough to still be able to hunt the same fields that I hunted as a 10 year-old (It's been 33 years and counting). Just when I think it's hunted out, the fields give me a few more points to keep me coming back! ;D

Good luck man!
Hey Adena! How ya been bud? It's great having one spot that pulls through everytime. It has spoiled me. I hope to be hitting it 33 years from now, that's for sure!

Happy hunting my friend and I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring in this year.

StevenX

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used

Here are my most of my axes from this site. They're all personal finds except for the GIANT one in the second pic. My little brother found that one. These do not include the ones my uncle and grandfather have found up there.

Thanks for checking it.

StevenX

Attachments

• axes.jpg
    axes.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 841
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 854
  • axes.jpg
    axes.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 857
F

Flintfinder of Mo.

WoW, I am in shock. excellent post. How bout some grinding bowls. Awesome finds. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: I love the personal finds,and same site, Oh god thats filthy..... John

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used

Thanks man. I think I have the perfect spot for a perfect hobby.

StevenX

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.

Collinsville is gonna be on the 7th and 8th of March this year bud! My family is doing fine, and Thanks for asking. Here is a pic. of Carly at 6 months in her little chair. I have found a few, but mostly brokes, except for the wadlow from a few weeks back. Take care, and Happy Hunting!

badandy

Attachments

• P1040750_resize.JPG
    P1040750_resize.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 800
  • P1040750_resize.JPG
    P1040750_resize.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 794
  • P1230773_resize.JPG
    P1230773_resize.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 805

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I have NEVER hunted a site like that. That is just awesome. Thank-you so much for sharing your axes, too. It gives us all hope that all the good stuff wasn't picked up from the fields decades ago!

Steve

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

Johnny X said:
StevefromMissouri said:
Awesome collection from a single site.  Do they deep plowing it?  You are getting tons of complete ones for 10 years of hunting, that's for sure!!!!   I bet the flint is thicker than gravy after it's gone cold on that site after a good rain.  Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Thanks man. Yea it's plowed and planted every year. I think the deepest it's been plowed is about 16 inches. The field is full of flint, and hematite, and granite.I haven't done too bad on my complete ones but I've got tons of broken ones. 5 gallon buckets full. The plow is pretty indiscriminate on what lives and what doesn't. We've also pulled over 50 axes, 20 grinding bowls, and a couple of caches of what I think are Adena blades from up there. I'm a die hard fan of your Youtube video's. I keep thinking about maybe digging. To try and cut down on my break to whole ratio. But I don't even know where to start. I've tried hitting a few creeks around but haven't had much luck.

Thanks for the post!

StevenX

Have you tried matching brokes together?
If you haven't I'd bet you'd piece back
more than you think. I don't know how
many artifacts I've glued. I'm gonna make
a "glued together" post pretty soon.

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

All I can say is wow. WOW. you have a killer, killer site. Thanks for putting the axes on. Wow. Maybe I will run into you at the Collinsville Show. Great post. John

Carolina Points

Feb 27, 2008
State Line S.C/N.C
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 2

Thats some awesome points and axes, What type of material is the points I really like the variations of color. Thanks for the show you sure do have some killer artifacts.
Clint

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used

Flintfinder of Mo. said:
All I can say is wow. WOW. you have a killer, killer site. Thanks for putting the axes on. Wow. Maybe I will run into you at the Collinsville Show. Great post. John

Thanks man. Hope to see you in Collinsville!

StevenX

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used

badandy said:
Collinsville is gonna be on the 7th and 8th of March this year bud! My family is doing fine, and Thanks for asking. Here is a pic. of Carly at 6 months in her little chair. I have found a few, but mostly brokes, except for the wadlow from a few weeks back. Take care, and Happy Hunting!

badandy
Nice blade bud! And she's a real cutie. Won't be long and she'll be tromping along in those creeks with ya! Creek Hunter in Training :D

My boy is almost 2 and a half and he's got a couple of my broken points. He calls them "His Rocks". and he sets up little displays all around the house.
Hope to see you in Collinsville!

StevenX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread