All Treasure Hunting

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Zappa. Where to begin? I'd like to say I have heard it all but somehow there is always more...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to Try and get a Complete Collection & Somewhere in the 80's I Gave up .
Just kept Finding more.

I Believe it was Hot Rats Album or Uncle Meat that first Hooked Me.

the 200 Motels Movie is Free on Streampix Right now

Last edited:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I Heard the single Album , Never heard the Double album

As good as the first acts are, I somehow enjoy the last act more these days. Forget that, act 2 the best!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A funny story: Back in the 60s I saw an ad in the paper saying the Mothers Of Invention were playing in Greenwich Village in NYC. In big letters the ad said "Mothers Of Invention Absolutely Free!! Well I lived about thirty miles away and had a girlfriend in the city so I called a couple of friends and we agreed to hitchhike to NYC, meet my girlfriend, her sister, and another girl so we all had dates and go to the show. The girls were excited we had asked them to the concert. Well, we got down to the Village and there was the marquee saying "Mothers Of Invention Absolutely Free. The six of us walked right into the theater when a guy asked where did we think we were going? He asked us for tickets and we said we thought the show was free as advertised on the marquee. The guy laughed and told us Absolutely Free was the name of his new album and also the name of the tour and said we had to buy tickets to get in. Well, we had little money, nowhere near enough to get in. The girls were disappointed and my friends and I felt like real jerks. We did get some money a couple weeks later and went to the show, but we sure felt stupid falling for the Absolutely Free ad.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember seeing them in the 1970 s at Constitution Hall in Washington D.C. as I remember two sets of drums great performance

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A funny story: Back in the 60s I saw an ad in the paper saying the Mothers Of Invention were playing in Greenwich Village in NYC. In big letters the ad said "Mothers Of Invention Absolutely Free!! Well I lived about thirty miles away and had a girlfriend in the city so I called a couple of friends and we agreed to hitchhike to NYC, meet my girlfriend, her sister, and another girl so we all had dates and go to the show. The girls were excited we had asked them to the concert. Well, we got down to the Village and there was the marquee saying "Mothers Of Invention Absolutely Free. The six of us walked right into the theater when a guy asked where did we think we were going? He asked us for tickets and we said we thought the show was free as advertised on the marquee. The guy laughed and told us Absolutely Free was the name of his new album and also the name of the tour and said we had to buy tickets to get in. Well, we had little money, nowhere near enough to get in. The girls were disappointed and my friends and I felt like real jerks. We did get some money a couple weeks later and went to the show, but we sure felt stupid falling for the Absolutely Free ad.

One of the Local Bands here was looking for a New Name.
They chose "Stiff Pigeon" in honer of the Hegins Labor day Pigeon Shoot.
One of their other Options was "FREE BEER !" figured they would Pack every Club
That had a Bill Board. of course every P.L.C.B. agent also would notice

index.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread