FRANKENZOOKA - coming soon - Larger,Removable Pipes + Clear Trap - after work project

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I've been afraid of. I was thinking about just putting a small bell reduce on the end of my pipes
Screenshot_2015-03-21-14-42-46.png

just to increase the pressure slightly but not over power it.

Last edited:

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all just thought I'd drop a line and see how FRANKEN ZOOK is coming. haven't seen anything in awhile

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just to say , if you use funnels or 2inch pipe , or 5 inch pipe ..... It will NOT make the pressure bigger :) it just dont work like that :)

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Add a bell reducer to the pipes. where the water goes in. the water hitting this will cause an increase in water pressure in the pipe. it makes a venturi action

Just to say , if you use funnels or 2inch pipe , or 5 inch pipe ..... It will NOT make the pressure bigger :) it just dont work like that :)

how's that. pressure from the river being forced into it at the speed of the river added to a venturi action of a funnel makes the Presure in the tubes much greater. it's just the like old hydrolics water mining. they would set pipes up in the river then down the side of the hill. every couple hundred feet the pipes would get smaller and smaller. buy the time it reached the sprayers they had tons of pressure. same concept just smaller. I use venturi on my propane forge. and I've seen allot of them used with dredging and a water blasting. instead of using a dredge they use a big water pump with a venturi, small hosee that comes off at the venturi. a big cone that they lay in the river that feeds into the water hose. they use the little Hose and blast in front of the cone and push the stuff from the river into the cone. the cone feeds into the hose and then into a sluice. they use it here in utah cause dredging isn't allowed in allot of places. this isn't sulking it's blasting it's pretty interesting

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes , and no .... If you would hook a hose and run it up the creek higher , now that would make bigger pressure , bud you working with only little drop , depend how much angle you set your sluice to .
There is very little pressure , if you build it right you can build Venturi effect that will cut the flow and increase the pressure little , not much .
Bud it has to be build like Venturi jet , there are great videos on youtube about fluid dynamics.
So if you just lay one foot long 5inch pipe in the creek with 1/2 inch opening , nothing will happen , the pressure Will be same on both ends .

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch "Underwater Blow Mining - Underwater high banker!" on YouTube
Underwater Blow Mining - Underwater high banker!: https://youtu.be/w8vh8ysvjZM

cool video on blow mining. this is what o was trying to show

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you lay big cone in the creek , :D funny ....
The only way this would work
Is if the cone would stop all water and fill up with water level higher than water below it , now that would give you greater pressure , like a dam , if you will have hight difference thats what makes pressure .

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Arizau ...yes sluicelee change the pipes and driled bigger holes , the original hade very little ones and last one was bigger ,
We drilled the holes so the area of them was same like the opening of the pipe .

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The purpose of putting bigger pipes is mainly for more water go in trap , and making the trap smaller , so there is not inch and half space between the pipes , like it was on original , thats allot of heavy sand to make fluid .

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and adding that big of tubes to pressurize the trap may over pressurize it. the ventouri effects still apply. you have fast water being shoved into a chamber that gets smaller and smaller. so how can you say it won't effect it. then why does the mini work? the hole box creates a venturi system all by itself. but it also restricts the flow so it wont over pressurize the trap and blow stuff out instead of fluidizing it. This is something I spent a long time working on. I made sure I new exactly what and how they work. building my forge. And I spent countless hours talking to experts like Ronald Reil. a man who's got tons of PHD's including Fluid dynamics and geology and has spent many hours working with forges and mining equipment. if you look up how to build a propane forge or even the store bought forges you'll see his designs on the burners
Screenshot_2015-04-03-22-46-20.png
. there's only a few that are different. one is a Swedish design and they have a hole lab that sits and test different equipment and build there's only after a couple hundred hours of testing and running it on the computer to make sure everything is coefficient.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-22-45-42.png
then there the T-Rex Burner.
Screenshot_2015-04-03-22-46-26.png
Rex and Ron built it together. the combination of a mongo burner and the Reil burner. they're know 1 of the best industrial burners for some of the leading smelters and even Nasa.
then theres the mongo burner witch isn't used very much because they produce allot of heat but end up melting down the burner and possibly blowing up
Screenshot_2015-04-03-22-47-23.png
Ron and this other guy built them but there not advised just because of that. even Ron will tell you to avoid them. There's others out there but there just rebuilds of the same things. people trying to reproduce what the Rex burners can do.
Him and Ron are working on a new 1 that will produce allot more heat in small area. but he won't tell me much more than that. people have already tried to steel the Rex burner and have gotten hit with patent lawsuits.
I may not be an expert on the area but I'm well versed in ventouri systems.

it doesn't matter when you restrict something in such a manner it will build speed and pressure. look at the river itself. now on the zook you take 2 large cones and use them for your water intake to the tubes your going to increase the pressure quite a bit. it's not going to send it into space but it may be enough to over power the trap and blow it out instead of fluidizing it the way it should be. if your running on a slow river with very little drop it'll probably work great. but your going to have to hand clear the screen witch is counter productive to the bazooka. but you stick it where you'd normally put a Bazooka and get it so the overburden clears like it's supposed to then it might blow the trap out instead of fluidizing it. that's all we've been saying.
It's why I haven't modified mine. I've thought about it but just bearly to make it so it works better in slower water. but then why would I do that if I move a little bit up or down stream I can find a place that works just as well.
the video on blow mining where just to show a cool venturi effect. the funnel that the material is blown into isn't the driving force on that. they have a big water pump that pumps the water through the large hose then the spray hose, it's just a small hose. then NV it hits a venturi to speed it up more so that the dabree blown into the hopper will get blown through the hose. the the cone/hopper and then the exit port witch can be added to a highbanker or a sluice box.that thing would work great on a Bazooka I think but I'd have to test it. it's actually a smart idea instead of sucking things of the bottom you can blow it all into the hopper. I can see it being a great tool and being able to cover more ground faster. cause you'd be blasting down in the cracks and blowing everything out of them right into the cone. Screenshot_2014-12-27-22-57-56.png

Last edited:

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In your gas torches , and in your blow mineing you using 50psi + push the water or gas in the Venturi ,
And adding air at the Venturi point , thats what makes it work .
Now tell me where is that done in zooka ??
If you just put big cone in creek it will fill up with water and nothing will happen , the pressure will be same , unless you would have greater hight of water on the bigger end .
Thats just how it works .

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot 1 the Z burner and side arm burners. Ron and Zoeller Created these. this is the only mongo burner design that is recommended and extremely useful
this is the Z burner Screenshot_2015-04-04-02-34-10.png

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my point is this. the river is moving so it provides pressure all buy itself. you add a ventouri and drop, like the bazooka you will increase pressure. it's just how it works. otherwise thBazooka would not work.
now you increase the ventouri with a cone that directs water directly to the tubes instead regulating it like the bazooka does you may over power it. but we can sit and talk theory all day. So I suggest you test it. take your cone out to the river place the big end in a good flow area and have the small end flat to the river, 10/1 says it shoots water out the tip. it's not going to shoot the length of the river but it'll be enough to prove my point. now you add drop to it I'm garrenting you'll get a lot more water to shoot out. now this will effect the bazooka because you have both pressure and drop with no restrictions like the zook provides. notice the tubes stick out a little inside the zook flair. it's there to help prevent debree from building up and restrict flow. they did it that way instead of the design that I put up earlier. that concaves and cones straight into the tubes. see my earlier picture. I see your point but your not seeing mine. the bazooka usually requires a good angle to work. so that it does have the pressure and is able to clear debree from it. now on a lake your right a cone ain't going to do anything. but the river is providing Presure all buy itself. some more than other's. you can't tell me they don't. otherwise you could go stand right in fast moving water up to your chest and it wouldn't move you an inch. but we all know that aint the case. the old mining companies used to use big sprayers that they'd lay tubes down in the river. and they'd go down the river for a little ways turn then go down a hill to the sprayers. and they worked just fine. if it acted the way you suggest then it would never have made it to the turn and down the hill and blasted the canyon wall. it would have just filled up and that would have been the end of it.
my little burner works great just at 1 psi. that's what I run it on to keep my forge hot when it's on idle. and it does work. I can show videos of it working at 1. my normal running PSI is 10 to 15 sometimes 30 if I'm in a hurry but it gets dropped down quickly just cause I don't plan on melting down my forge. so you can't tell me that the rivers don't provide more than 1 psi. some are far higher considering they'll move a car. pound per square inch PSI

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what I've been afraid of. I was thinking about just putting a small bell reduce on the end of my pipes
View attachment 1134334

just to increase the pressure slightly but not over power it.

This looks like a pretty good idea; please let us know how it works. Are you going to monitor your tailings to see it any flour gold gets blown out? I have been thinking how to do that. Perhaps with an slightly slanted underwater skid plate just above the trap exit so that all the material sliding off the top keeps moving and perhaps a large pan (or small square tub) sunk just below the trap itself to catch what flowed out of the trap. Probably have to put a rock in it to keep it in place. Anyway, let us know what you learn.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will for sure. I haven't built mine yet. still looking at materials and price. I've been looking at industrial aluminum 6061 make it a 1/4 inch thick for the skid plate and 1/8 to 3/16 5052 aluminum for the rest of it. and aluminum bar or stainless steel for the grizzly I'm thinking about building a 30 inch prospector version.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love engineering, there are two ways to do it, experience and with trial and error, or with math, which I love, you can describe everything in the physical world with math and predict the future results. No wonder it is a language that all people can speak the same even outer space aliens (if they exist) It is a shame so many hate it, it can be elegant and beautiful in form. I tried very hard to explain it to my son in hopes he might find it interesting and study engineering. It is a shame so many hate it and try to avoid learning it. To each their own, I like your video

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread