Free 5 cent coke?

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
A while back I bought the old contents of an old store that closed in my town. I was sorting through some small stuff and came across this. Seems someone knew the workings of the five cent vending machine. I wonder how much they made off this before being caught. Thanks for looking! DD MVC-906F.JPG MVC-907F.JPG MVC-908F.JPG

Upvote 5

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very "feloneous" find.......lol Happy New Year

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old store contents you say..you didnt happen to see any old chip bags, candy wrappers.....other food debris - (and by old..I mean..1970s....1980s..even 1990s)....Im always looking to buy that stuff.......(part of my whole graphic design dabblings).....very curious.......

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back I bought the old contents of an old store that closed in my town. I was sorting through some small stuff and came across this. Seems someone knew the workings of the five cent vending machine. I wonder how much they made off this before being caught. Thanks for looking! DD

Oh WOW!! Does THAT ever bring back memories!!! No, I never did that, (I wasn't smart enough! ;) ) BUT...I just bet we ALL had our own lil secret cheats for something way back when one wouldn't be lined up and spend a lifetime in front of a firing squad. ;)
We had one going around back then. Take a long, flattened, plastic straw and insert it down the dime slot of a three-holer pay phone. Then, put a penny in the nickel slot. Then, very slowly, slide the straw back out and "DING DING!" . LOL :laughing9:

Of course, I NEVER did this! Just HEARD about it in the grapevine. ;) LOL

Thanks for bringing back that memory!

HH!
Happy New Year!

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He might just stayed thirsty all the time lol.nice

BottleCapBandit

Nov 18, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Ace350 Outlaw Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! We would go to the feed mill and pick up metal blanks when we were kids. They were the same size as a quarter and worked as a quarter in the local Coke machine:occasion14:. Wrap quarters in bubble gum foil and put them in the pool table too. The kind that you lay the coin flat on the slider. Free soda and billiards!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh WOW!! Does THAT ever bring back memories!!! No, I never did that, (I wasn't smart enough! ;) ) BUT...I just bet we ALL had our own lil secret cheats for something way back when one wouldn't be lined up and spend a lifetime in front of a firing squad. ;)
We had one going around back then. Take a long, flattened, plastic straw and insert it down the dime slot of a three-holer pay phone. Then, put a penny in the nickel slot. Then, very slowly, slide the straw back out and "DING DING!" . LOL :laughing9:

Of course, I NEVER did this! Just HEARD about it in the grapevine. ;) LOL

Thanks for bringing back that memory!

HH!Happy New Year!

Do you remember being able to use a Captain Crunch free inside box toy whistle that when you blew it into the receiver would either give you a free phone call, or allow you to make a free long distance call, can't remember what exactly it did, but saw my buddy Paul use it often.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very unique find. I like it!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you remember being able to use a Captain Crunch free inside box toy whistle that when you blew it into the receiver would either give you a free phone call, or allow you to make a free long distance call, can't remember what exactly it did, but saw my buddy Paul use it often.

Yep, any whistle could work, just had to match a certain frequency. Also, if you pushed the hangup button quickly enough, the dial tone would go away and it became basically a very large party line. Could hear people yelling into the line from all across the area. Ahhhhhhh those were the days. ;)

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very cool find.....................HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread