free gold from my groups claim

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in the past i have been spending money on a few bags of paydirt, just so i could see some real gold.

but this is from my groups gold claim, not much but it's 10 pieces of free gold (free being that i did not pay for it like the stuff in the paydirt bags)

but i have like 7 more bags of dirt that i brought back from the claim to go through.

free gold.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20 pieces.jpg

i switched to my smaller pan, seems to be easier to use than my gold claw for the itty bitty tiny stuff, smaller pan has a lot more riffles on the side than the gold claw. i don't think my gold claw was missing anything but the smaller pan is easier to use, helped to get me to 20 pieces.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
50 pieces of gold(1).jpg

finally got my first 50 pieces of free gold.

the red ball is the head of a safety pin, just for scale.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
got a new 14 inch pan today, guess it works:

CM191127-203846001.jpg

this was with the #20 mesh screen i just got today as well, guess i got my monies worth on both items.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ok so checked all the material that was on top of the #20 mesh screen, just to make sure i was not going to lose something of value, for my troubles, i got one small piece of gold, that probably could have gone through the #20 but did not, and to my surprise, i found a flat piece of lead, i think this is the first piece of lead i have found since i starting going to the groups claim.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sunday afternoon i finally got 100 pieces of free gold:
100 pieces.jpg

if it were not for this log i would certainly have lost count:
piece count log.png