FREE!!!! OLD MAPS

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
The National Archives has digitized 185 maps from 1700's to early 1900's so far. They are available online, printable for FREE!!!!!!!!! Alot are from civil war. They have also done some old documents that until now you had to pay, and wait, and wait...... They are doing alot more on a daily basis so keep tuned in to them. Go to nara.gov and follow directions. have fun!!!!

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
it is pretty confusing,? try this---=? ? www.archives.gov/research_room/arc/? ? push the yellow search button, on basic search screen type? civil works map file? in keyword box, limit results to 100, push go button, click on? title link for civil works map file, scroll down to words? 185 items? click on this. then scroll to map you wish to veiw and click on it. hope this helps

S

srdraftcad

Ok gldhntr,? beside to "civil war treasures" can find other information about treasure map rather than civil war treasure?? :'(

srdraftcad

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
o.k. d.c. i found it...now i can respond as a stupid hillbilly should....i do not understand your above post,, and i doubt anyone else can either..and i know everyone on this site is not a backwoods d.a. like myself........if there is anyone that understands the above post or can translate d.c. talk to me let me know and i will see if i can answer the above question...duh, you'uns come back now, ya hear cuz we'uns is gonna be grubbin on sum possums and wite licker an mebee dancin an such afta a wile..................... gldhntr

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Whal I speak three languages and that just makes me a "cunning linguist". I believe that d. c. is asking if you can provide a link to treasure maps other than civil war period.
Now we's gwine ta wuk in de big house fo massa an missy, g'nite y'all, ss

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
well i appreciate it SS, as i couldn't quite make it out, and had received a PM letting me know that the reason i couldn't understand was because i was a dumb old hillbilly, and the original poster here was from washington d c..well i have been to d.c. lately, and being i couldn't speak spanish, vietnamese, or russian i couldn't even hardly order a burger at mcdonalds...i think i will stay down here with ernest t bass, shorty, festus and friends....anyway, i don't have any links to any treasure maps of any kind....links to other maps i have previously posted...see yall later, gotta go feed the hogs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gldhntr

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought NARA's site was very poorly created. I wasted an hour just trying to find basic maps and information. There is no excuse for this, but the Federal Government has never needed an excuse!

Thanks for the actual link for the map information!!

OP
OP
G

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i have to agree,,,, i think even a rocket scientist, computer programmer would have trouble surfing the site......

F

Floater

gldhntr said:
well i appreciate it SS, as i couldn't quite make it out, and had received a PM letting me know that the reason i couldn't understand was because i was a dumb old hillbilly, and the original poster here was from washington d c..well i have been to d.c. lately, and being i couldn't speak spanish, vietnamese, or russian i couldn't even hardly order a burger at mcdonalds...i think i will stay down here with ernest t bass, shorty, festus and friends....anyway, i don't have any links to any treasure maps of any kind....links to other maps i have previously posted...see yall later, gotta go feed the hogs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gldhntr
ROFL. Gldhntr, I would pay to see that PM LOL I havent tryed the site but I appreciate your research on the areas in Ny posted in the Treasure Leads thread. I found it to be a good source to start from. Some People just cant get enough of themselves sometimes. Tanks Agin. LOL HH Oh and give the Hogs an extra helpin of slop for me I m lookin to roast one soon in the pit. I'll give ya the invite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions