Free PayDirt Sample, Did I just hit the Motherload of all Motherloads? I think Not

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello My Fellow Gold Diggers I hope all is well!

A month ago I ordered a sample of Pay dirt(I'm not going to say where). I told myself why not its free. So yesterday there it was in my mailbox, I must say I was a little excited. We have had terrible rain and I haven't been prospecting since Talladega.. We all know how that went. So I do a little Gold Digger dance and pour the contents in my pan. What I received was shocking and unbelievable, I received about a 2 grams of paydirt and Below is what I found.

felix Pay dirt .JPG

If I received 3 nice looking Pickers from 2 grams of paydirt, what would I get if I ordered the 2lb back (@ $100+)of Paydirt? I could also order the Case Special for a 22lb bag at @$1100, maybe even the 51Lbs @ $2200
Look FELIX, I may have been born at night, but not last night!

I can honestly say this infuriates me:BangHead:, to a newbie this is so misleading. I couldn't imagine what I would have thought if I received this in the mail before I went prospecting on my own, I would have been very disappointed with my results. The Chances of Finding that much gold in 2 grams of Paydirt is not realistic in my mind. I would think that if his paydirt is that rich he would be mining the hell out of it! Am I right or am I wrong?

Let me say this, While on vacation I bought Paydirt from Crisson Gold Mine and Gold N Gem Grubbin, that is where I received the Lethal Dose of Gold Fever! I had never panned before and at Crisson they showed us how to do it, and I had a blast. That Bag was $60, and a Ton of fun! We stopped at Gold N Gem on the way home to get some Pay Dirt ($30)for the kids and to purchase the Gem Bucket, that way they could see what their parents were up to all week long. So all together that was $90 and in total I received .65 grams of Gold (which is realistic, in my mind). In no way did I get my money back, but I learned how to pan which is a necessity in this hobby.
This is what I found from both of those places
Gold Heart.jpg

Now I don't know if I should thank them or curse them out for the Gold Fever, the jury is still out on that one.

So just a little heads up, I have family coming in for my Dirty 30 Birthday Bash in Mid March. Why am I telling you this, well My Sister and 2 cousins want me to take them prospecting. Dusty wants no part of this, and I cant say I blame him. After all I am forcing him to live with all of us for 4 days and on 1 of those days he is taking us all out to my Birthday Party. So this is going to be interesting and will be my next thread. I am not sure where I am taking them yet, they do not want to buy the concentrates. They said they want to do it the real way! God help me, God help where ever we decide to go! I have no doubt we will have a blast, but I am not sure there is a gold prospecting place that can handle all of us! I already have the "Gold Digger in Training" Tshirts ready to be made, 4 Girls only 1 with a little bit of experience. What could possibly go wrong, I cant wait to write about it!

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: Chrystal,I know you werent talkin about me,I was just wanting to get clarification on what you were not happy about.This is by far no kind of business for me,and since I have let some dirt go through the years has been a HUGE learning process about people.....I strive to be honest and trust in people....if you arent happy with my product I will give ya a 1 lb free,you just pay the shipping.I am at the mercy of the buyer,and I have been taken advantage of...so be it...again,this isnt a business for me(good thing,as I dont even know if I will have any this year)

...by the way...this wasnt supposed to sound like a sales pitch....I am not even sure I will have any this year...I meant,I was trying to see what you werent happy about...I gotcha,now,and thank you!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sales pitch or not, I have bought Kuger's dirt. When I buy dirt, I will never buy from anyone but Kuger! TTC

OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I Agree with Kuger! The way you do it is how it should be done. Buying Salted Paydirt is Nuts! Now buying Virgin Paydirt is cool, its like buying a lottery ticket.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....a lot of people totally disagree with people that sell dirt,and I have to admit I am one....I know kind of an oxymoron,but if somebody is salting(I think %95 do)and the buyer gets one cent less than what they pay for,they are (the seller)ripping people off!No ifs,ands or buts

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want some Kuger dirt. Crystal I think you will do very well. You are a go get er. That is what it takes.

Indianametal

Feb 19, 2013
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ace250
The samples are seeded. I have received three samples(thanks family) and all three had three nice little pickers in em. It is very misleading if you aren't aware of it being part of their sales strategy.
However I wont ever turn down free gold especially since my best spot puts out .01oz per weekend of hard digging.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Felix isn't in business to make anyone rich. I have ordered his dirt to teach my daughter and grandkids how to pan several years back so they would learn what gold looked like in the pan. Pure entertainment and learning tool. Some folks can't go in the field and dig any more but still want to pan and find some shine. What is wrong with that? I am not defending felix but he provides a product salted or not to those types of folks for their enjoyment. I have not seen an add yet from anyone who sells cons claiming they are selling cons so rich you can pay your mortgage with it. Kuger makes no such claim and neither does felix. Anyone foolish enough to think that little sample is in any way representative of how rich the dirt will be well then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I don't need any more. It is a business and like all other things in business it is buyer beware.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That free sample comes at a cost. You'll get automated phone calls and mail from Felix now. :)

OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Felix isn't in business to make anyone rich. I have ordered his dirt to teach my daughter and grandkids how to pan several years back so they would learn what gold looked like in the pan. Pure entertainment and learning tool. Some folks can't go in the field and dig any more but still want to pan and find some shine. What is wrong with that? I am not defending felix but he provides a product salted or not to those types of folks for their enjoyment. I have not seen an add yet from anyone who sells cons claiming they are selling cons so rich you can pay your mortgage with it. Kuger makes no such claim and neither does felix. Anyone foolish enough to think that little sample is in any way representative of how rich the dirt will be well then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I don't need any more. It is a business and like all other things in business it is buyer beware.

I agree, but you know the deal and how it works. Most people don't. I think that cons are great to learn how to pan, that's how I learned. I just hope someone doesn't pour their life savings into the dirt because of the huge nugget they seen on his website. But I always love hearing from you! :-)

OP
OP
crystalpayne

crystalpayne

Jan 14, 2013
Fort Mitchell
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The samples are seeded. I have received three samples(thanks family) and all three had three nice little pickers in em. It is very misleading if you aren't aware of it being part of their sales strategy.
However I wont ever turn down free gold especially since my best spot puts out .01oz per weekend of hard digging.

I am happy about the pickers, but if Felix really wanted my Business he should have sent me a nugget! ;-)

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crystal I got the same sample but I received 4 specks! Woohoo. I have to add that I don't prospect and have never panned but I knew it was salted. Btw I used a plastic cereal bowl (the wavy kind with a built in straw) to pan it....lol.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i spent $170 on Felix motherload kit i got the lil pan one of those sucky suction tweezers and the regular tweezers and lastly the vial mostly what i found was a a bunch of small flakes and a nice size nugget i would guess maybe 8 mesh size but Crystal is right when i panned the bag there was almost no black sand just the tan stuff but may i suggest buying miners creek Arizonas finest concentrates 25 dollars for one pund or 60 for 2 pounds NOOO shipping taxes thats pretty good i think

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like I said Doll, Buyers Beware! Things aren't always what they appear. Again I have not seen anything misleading in his or any other add that says he does or doesn't salt his cons. He never mentions it. Also the sample is salted just to show the possible customer that they will find gold if they buy from him. He makes no declaration as to how much you will find. His sample is not misleading but only to someone who is expecting something for nothing. He wants your business so yes he will make sure you find gold in the sample. It's like samples at a super market. They aren't going to put out burnt food to sample but their best product possible. I have not bought any cons from anyone since my grands learning bag because I don't need to I have two claims. Just don't belittle someone who sells a product that gives pleasure to others. Maybe you don't like the product fine. Don't buy it. Don't trust them, fine warn people but be careful not to slander them if you didn't fully try their product. You can't condem on a 2 gram sample. I don't believe in buying or selling cons perse but I don't condem those who do honestly. As far as bad reviews for felix, they were probably folks thinking like you. You can't please everyone. I have recomended people looking for cons to buy to either check felix, gpaa, or Kuger. I have bought from two of three for teaching purposes and know what they offer. I recomend Kuger purly on his reputation here in the forum, the respect he is afforded and hearing how people liked his cons. Sorry I got so riled up and long winded so I will use a quote pvillhunter said to me "Sorry I didn't mean to sound so upset... I get that way when I'm right sometimes." Have a good day Doll face.

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree....I expected it to be salted being a sample. Its their business and its how business works. I ordered it just to see what a spec looks like and study how it acts in the pan (bowl in my case) . Someday I do hope to prospect but until then I will just be happy with my free conversation piece.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must be missing something here...someone please explain why anybody would want to buy a salted sample? I would gladly go down to Lynx Creek and dig you up some pay dirt and ship it to you! You will get some black sands with your flakes too!

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The samples are free. No I would never buy a salted sample. You can still go dig me some though :)

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must be missing something here...someone please explain why anybody would want to buy a salted sample? I would gladly go down to Lynx Creek and dig you up some pay dirt and ship it to you! You will get some black sands with your flakes too!

ill give you my address lol all joking aside

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread