Free plants

DHaze

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to get flowers and old produce/bread and feed my goats. Then I tried it on my cow Stewie tropical beef. Man he would chase tomatoes like a dawg chases a ball. He ate pinapples, watermelon etc. BEST BEEF I EVER ATE!!!
Course I was crazy Until the steaks hit the grill. Also compost your garden with it and you wont have to pull weeds (sheet composting) smother them.
Dumpn and Junkn...Also pick up busted bags of mulch seed soil at walmarts/rural king/home depots etc. for free or pennies on the dollar.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
This is such a good idea!! I won't pay full price for the plants they sell, & sales are few & far between. end of season. dang I missed it.

OP
OP
silvershooter

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
This is such a good idea!! I won't pay full price for the plants they sell, & sales are few & far between. end of season. dang I missed it.

Sometimes you have to nurse them back to health and you might loose a few but free is free.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend long ago, used to get dead/dying plants from the Home Depot and Lowes. She would make nice with the folks that worked that dept and they always let her have much.
Yeah, you may lose a few. Like ya'll say, free is free.

It just always bothered me, paying for plants, I grew up where everyone would share, plants, seeds, cuttings, all. (new major landscaping or a special plant/tree is different story, though)
It would be nice if more ppl participated in plant swaps and seed swaps.
Good luck in your hunts!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get most of my free plants from those Landscaping company's that are always changing the flowers out every season,even though here in Texas we have only 2 seasons; Hot and Not Hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread