Free toy car.

Sherpat

Feb 3, 2016
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was running my Tesoro in the empty lot next to my house and found a ~1981 ERTL brand Dukes of Hazard "General Lee" toy car that some kid must have lost years ago. It's in pretty rough shape as you can see, but looking around online I found that it's actually kind of desirable to collectors when it's in good shape. This one is decidedly NOT in good shape, with two wheels snapped off, peeling stickers, degraded paint, etc. But a fan of these things might want it as a paperweight or something. Who knows.

I first thought I'd just toss it up on eBay for 5 bucks, but...the heck with it. More trouble than it's worth.

Anyone here into old toy cars or the Dukes of Hazard and wants this thing, decrepit as it is? PM me, and it's yours for the asking.

Tom

General Lee 2.jpg

Undercarriage.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I might ask ya to keep an eye out for some'thing' else, but I'd probably end up with a cast iron frying pan upside my skull! ROFL - Copy.gif

OP
OP
Sherpat

Sherpat

Feb 3, 2016
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might ask ya to keep an eye out for some'thing' else, but I'd probably end up with a cast iron frying pan upside my skull!

Lol. Why do us married guys all have the same fear?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Eh, I'm just funning ya'll. Somehow, I never was much of a fan of Daisy Duke. ...For that matter, the boys, Boss Hog or Roscoe, either. I "did" like the characters of Uncle Jesse and Enos, but the star of the show was definitely the General Lee! (....ALL of them!)

Tami3

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2016
oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I love it1:):):) Its perfect for my Hot wheels city that my husband and I are building; We are both retired and would be honored to add the General to a newly thought up wrecking yard in our city :):):):):)

OP
OP
Sherpat

Sherpat

Feb 3, 2016
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I love it1:):):) Its perfect for my Hot wheels city that my husband and I are building; We are both retired and would be honored to add the General to a newly thought up wrecking yard in our city :):):):):)

Hi Tami3 -

Great! Is that you who just sent me a PM (I only got one, just a few minutes ago - from someone in CT). If so, I'll be mailing it out shortly :)

Er...if it's not you, then I'm sorry. Someone - only one person - sent me a PM. I gotta go with the person who sent me a street address first :(

Tom

OP
OP
Sherpat

Sherpat

Feb 3, 2016
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Car taken.

Thanks to everyone who looked!

Tom

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
careful tom...dont let the pc neighbors see it or you may end up with a protest in your front yard...lol

cool car !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions