Free Treasure is the Best Kind of Treasure, Roadside Artwork

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't get much of a chance to head out this weekend to hit the sales for treasure which is a bit unusual for me considering my regular schedule.

Then again, my work week was unusually rough and I had an appointment with my tv and sofa:icon_thumright:

As I headed back from a late lunch with wifey this afternoon, I stopped at a corner near the house to see what was leaning against the telephone pole. What I found were these 2 paintings.

Both are signed and in the ugliest frames ever conceived by a human being but they were free

One is signed "Fredrick Fields" and the other is just signed Morgan.

Freddy seems to be a listed artist from the Laguna beach area from the 60's but I've got nothing on Morgan yet. I'm guessing it's a homemade piece of art with no real value but still somewhat well done

If anybody has more infor on either, please let me know

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 134

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, couldn't find anything on the major databases. Did you search for the artist and do an image search?

gino22

Nov 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fields one is beautiful and the shipwood frame really enhances it IMO, don't change it.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm no art expert but I'm not sure the sailboat picture is an original piece. I think it might be a print on a canvas covered board. Quite some time ago, I picked up a framed nautical picture thinking it was an original piece. The artist was a rather well known person who did a lot of nautical themed paintings which generally sold in the $3000 - $5000 range. I was very disappointed to discover that the one I bought was a print on a canvas covered board. Fortunately, I only paid $10 for it and sold it for $20 but I had hopes of making 100 times that. Even if it isn't an original, it is still a cool piece. I like it a lot and you sure can't argue with the price!

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I like the shipwood frame as well, don't change it! Good score! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread