Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Coily, I saw a thread on this a few months ago. Someone suggested some kind of a spacer to put the battery up against the connections... I know it's a long haul searching threads for key words, but better than spending another hundred + bucks right away.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Deepseeker, maybe I should Google it because I don't want to have to send mine in,it still has a full year on the warranty.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is like the Garrett ProPointer just put 2 Quarters in the Cap to hold the Battery in tighter & see if that works

I actually use a Nickel & a Dollar

DSCF0001.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Jeff of Pa.Its actually a Minelab ProFind and I found out through Google that some people use a thick piece of paper between the cap and battery and voila,problem solved.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jeff of Pa.Its actually a Minelab ProFind and I found out through Google that some people use a thick piece of paper between the cap and battery and voila,problem solved.

Yea Same thing. Coins don't crush after time though, :tongue3: Just saying

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Some use a thick rubber washer. It keeps pressure on the battery. Frank five star.png

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, the ones for a garden hose nozzle seem to work pretty good and most people have an extra one laying around gathering dust.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett went from having a Nickle in it...to having a Plastic bottle cap...works great thou!...I didnt know that Minelab had that issue too

It would nice if it were set up like a smoke detector where it snaps and locks in.....or ANYTHING else that takes a 9v battery now that i think about it

Only problem is, if you (we) keep putting stuff in them to get the right pressure to make the contacts, its only pushing the contacts in further and further, which is why i had to step up to the bottle cap

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread