Freebie score with Oreck Halo

Ursus

Apr 3, 2009
Ohio
image-2095049462.jpg

I went to a fairly nice yard sale when a guy brought out this vacuum with a "Free to good home" sign attached. Remembering about the parts thread recently, I took it off his hands. He said his wife stated it didn't work correctly any more and to get rid of it. I liked the extra bags that was with it (2 sets of 4) and figured I would make something off it.

When I got home and checked it out, the sweeper bag wasn't attached right and was blowing dirt everywhere. I couldn't figure it out either, but YouTube showed me the trick. Attached a new bag, cleaned the roller and the fine dust blown everywhere, and it works great. It is an Oreck Halo with a UV light to kill germs.

Only bad thing is that I am not going to make any money off it because my wife loves it! Maybe I will part out our old sweeper then ...

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a nice find and you can't beat the price! Overstock.com (which usually has pretty cheap prices) is currently listing this machine, "re-conditioned", at $299.00. I am amazed at what people discard.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions