Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO some of the posts here had me laughing out loud. Lots of people are saying that the Physical price is moving away from the Paper Price and if you want to buy now or under $30 then your going to pay a premium, one way or another, even from the Mints if their selling.

panhandler811

Feb 3, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I say keep buying. It doesn't matter if it hits $20 or goes back to $30. Just keep buying. It's all about the long term.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I believe that the "big shorts" are probably lowering the prices so they can exit their short positions and maybe accumulate cheap physical too. I believe at some point they will become long then the price will really take off to 50 or so.

It is starting to feel like the physical and paper markets might be ready to break apart in the near to mid term, at least if what the PM pundits are saying lately is true about large physical supply drying up and/or selling for significant levels over spot.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that the "big shorts" are probably lowering the prices so they can exit their short positions and maybe accumulate cheap physical too. I believe at some point they will become long then the price will really take off to 50 or so.

It is starting to feel like the physical and paper markets might be ready to break apart in the near to mid term, at least if what the PM pundits are saying lately is true about large physical supply drying up and/or selling for significant levels over spot.

Jim

That's what I believe also Jim and there are lots of Guru's predicting that the COMEX is going to crash also because they don't have the Silver to pay off. And soon. That scenario I will keep an open mind about.Lol Keep Stacking.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not convinced that the physical supply is "drying up". I think this is very normal buying behavior. The price drops and people rush in to buy for a while thinking that this is the final bottom. This creates a short term shortage. After a month or so inventory stabilizes and things get back to normal. Meanwhile, the silver bulls cry foul and claim that it must be manipulation because they can't buy online or at their LCS even though prices are going down. They quote econ 101 simplifications like "supply and demand" but don't consider short term vs long term implications of such simplified models.

If this physical supply shortage continues for a long period then I might be convinced that the silver bulls are right. But a couple months of shortages while the silver price is consistently tanking does not violate the law of supply and demand. It just indicates that there are a significant number of speculators out there who are rushing in to try and catch the falling knife.

I am probably completely wrong on this but only time will tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread