Rhodium is only PM not tanking

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I wonder if that is because apart from the Big 4 PMs, Rhodium has no "paper" (ie manipulatable) market. Only true supply and demand on the metal itself. One very small ETF was started in another country but that has really had no impact apparently.

PS The fundamentals on silver and gold have not changed a bit over the past few weeks. I don't know how low it all goes but this may be the last good entry point for both. May look for some cheap gold today.

All my opinion.

Jim

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that is because apart from the Big 4 PMs, Rhodium has no "paper" (ie manipulatable) market. Only true supply and demand on the metal itself. One very small ETF was started in another country but that has really had no impact apparently.

PS The fundamentals on silver and gold have not changed a bit over the past few weeks. I don't know how low it all goes but this may be the last good entry point for both. May look for some cheap gold today.

All my opinion.

Jim

Although the fundamentals haven't changed, this doesn't matter if the previous price was not a reflection of those fundamentals in the first place. In other words, if the fundamentals say that the price of silver should be $20 but the price is currently at $28, the price can plummet without the fundamentals needing to change. :tongue3:

All just my opinion.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fox News talking head says Commodities are down consistently across the board. Corn, oil, ect. Says Commodity money is flowing into equities. I'll buy part of that. Gold and Silver, mummm...more to the story there. Kitco writer, Jim Wycock (badly MS) is calling for silver to be 22.97 by end of day. This guy is usually pretty close.

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Although the fundamentals haven't changed, this doesn't matter if the previous price was not a reflection of those fundamentals in the first place. In other words, if the fundamentals say that the price of silver should be $20 but the price is currently at $28, the price can plummet without the fundamentals needing to change. :tongue3:

All just my opinion.

This free fall is large money playing in the paper markets. Rhodium has no paper market, thus no funny games like in gold, silver, platinum and palladium. Look at their price fluctuations, then look at Rhodium.

I am not advocating buying Rhodium at this point, but it is interesting that the only precious metal without a paper market is holding steady while everything else is dropping like there's no tomorrow.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions