ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
freind gave me some "junk" stuff he found on the beach to sort for scrap metal

you know -- lead sinkers --copper screw's stuff like that ---well one bit was an "collectible" old shot gun shell head --- UMC CO No 12 CLUB -- so I looked it up --its a 1888 to 1911 era U nion M etallic C artidge COmpany --NO 12 (gauge) CLUB --type shot shell bet he be surprized when I show it to him at next month metal detector club meet -- last month my freind screwed up and put a very nice condition iron ships spike about 6 in long in the junk bin for me -- today at our club meet ---I showed it to him and he said --oh how nice you cleaned it up for me it must have been encrusted --I said nope you just didn't look at it good --your getting it back just like you gave it to me--- (hes crazy for ship wreck stuff) ;D

Upvote 0

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Re: freind gave me some "junk" stuff he found on the beach to sort for scrap metal

I've hunted with one member on here who shall remain nameless ::) (not BB) who throws ALL shotgun shell head stamps away!!!! :o Thought they were just trash. When I told them that some were very collectible they just looked at me and said "Really" and then proceeded to throw a handful away!!!!

I'm not to proud to admit I got them out of the trash and brought them home and cleaned them up.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: freind gave me some "junk" stuff he found on the beach to sort for scrap metal

Really! Collectable? I always throw them away too! But I'm not that guy although I'd be honored to hunt with you any time. And Ivan, since it's your post, I too haave sifted therough other detectorists junque and found a few plums. Some of them could probably go on "What Is It", but I find them interesting to look at. Monty

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro

I too have a friend that throws away anything he can't readily identify.
I took him to the fairgrounds site, and caught him dumping his junk back in the holes too.

At the end of the season I take all the bags of stuff and dump it all out on my big shop table and go through it piece by piece.
(If I see any zipper pulls I will send them to ME)
My wife complains about all the bags of "crap" in my van and back room. The louder she complains the more I know it is getting near the end of the year.

Mark

A

archaeon

are the "UMC" shells worth anything? i have been finding them at an 1800's site and have never kept hem

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds. Would like to see a pic of the shotgun sheel if you have one.

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

most likely can get the wife to scan it tonight --she hates me missing with "her" scanner --plus I stink at it . ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread