Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out Again today with my friend, and no Rev War buttons, but we did get these 5 French Marines.... his three at the top, and my two on the bottom. He dug another button which we were unsure of until it was cleaned, and is Royal Navy - Packet Service. About 1800-1811, at least by the site I'm using for a reference, but his is different with the lined field so may date the same or slightly later. Very cool find and I did not even know these existed, and I've seen a lot of navy buttons over the past 15 years. So he stole the day, but I still have tomorrow! :thumbsup:

PS: A minute after posting this I get a text he dropped one of his buttons down the sink at the hotel and now has to call maintenance to try and get it back. Yes he is a newfie! :laughing7: (Newfoundland Canada, they ain't too bright) Lucky for him I have the Navy or he'd no doubt flush it down the toilet!

Update: He got the button back but the maintenance guy broke the sink! :laughing7: Now he's got no sink for the night and the wife ain't too happy. :laughing9:

Attachments

• 15of1cg.jpg
    15of1cg.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 137
  • marinesfr.jpg
    marinesfr.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 148
  • ubutton.jpg
    ubutton.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 143
  • mar1.jpg
    mar1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 126
  • mar2.jpg
    mar2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:laughing7: Nice secure display.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your posts never fail to amaze . Nice buttons

cerebus

Oct 9, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Etrac CTX
Leaving in a few minutes to give it one last shot. I have his Navy button cleaned and ready to give back. :)
Hahahaa u nut, was wondering what that box was doing there next to the detector. Is awesome, trip ended up with a lit of good finds, at the airport now with a pint chilling and dreaming of buttons.
Thx for showing me around, i will be back!

jwarner51

Aug 11, 2014
United states of America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buttons. I love finding the military relics! Glad your friend could get his button back that would've been a heart breaker

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buttons. I love finding the military relics! Glad your friend could get his button back that would've been a heart breaker

He had three so would not have been too bad. But still good to get it back.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahaa u nut, was wondering what that box was doing there next to the detector. Is awesome, trip ended up with a lit of good finds, at the airport now with a pint chilling and dreaming of buttons.
Thx for showing me around, i will be back!

You're very welcome as it was a great time. It's crazy how well it worked out because I never would have seen all that coming after day 1. All added up, including your park stuff, you had a heck of a trip... and one that would be very hard to beat even with a full detecting week here in the Fall. Heck maybe even a month because a nice King's button goes a very long way for East coast finds.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I'm hoping for one of those French Marine buttons down here in LA!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions