Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out Again today with my friend, and no Rev War buttons, but we did get these 5 French Marines.... his three at the top, and my two on the bottom. He dug another button which we were unsure of until it was cleaned, and is Royal Navy - Packet Service. About 1800-1811, at least by the site I'm using for a reference, but his is different with the lined field so may date the same or slightly later. Very cool find and I did not even know these existed, and I've seen a lot of navy buttons over the past 15 years. So he stole the day, but I still have tomorrow! :thumbsup:

PS: A minute after posting this I get a text he dropped one of his buttons down the sink at the hotel and now has to call maintenance to try and get it back. Yes he is a newfie! :laughing7: (Newfoundland Canada, they ain't too bright) Lucky for him I have the Navy or he'd no doubt flush it down the toilet!

Update: He got the button back but the maintenance guy broke the sink! :laughing7: Now he's got no sink for the night and the wife ain't too happy. :laughing9:

Attachments

• 15of1cg.jpg
    15of1cg.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 137
  • marinesfr.jpg
    marinesfr.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 148
  • ubutton.jpg
    ubutton.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 143
  • mar1.jpg
    mar1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 126
  • mar2.jpg
    mar2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Upvote 20

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are killing it…same field or different one? He found an awesome button!…I love those French Marines too!!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are killing it…same field or different one? He found an awesome button!…I love those French Marines too!!

He dug the Navy at the King's field just after we decided 10 more minutes because it was getting pretty quiet. The French buttons are from where it poured raining on us. Haven't been there since then and it didn't take much time at all to get them. So not as good as yesterday, but still some success... and a great day for him with his first Marines buttons and then what is a pretty uncommon Navy.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IP,

Cerebus did good with the Royal Navy button fair amount of gilt left....here's hoping the can get the French buttons out of the sink trap.

Regards + HH

Bill

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm always paranoid about dropping coins or buttons down the sink when cleaning. I use a big plastic collinder now. Great finds!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice buttons. Congrats to you both!
So your friend is a true TH'er...where ever they go adventure is sure to follow...or a plumber!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great day for digging buttons well done. Would of loved to be the fly on the wall listening to the Newfie cuss as it slid down the drain. Nice job for the recovery D.:occasion14:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IRON PATCH SO YOU WERE OUT WITH A FREIND TODAY , AND FOUND 5 FRENCH MARINE BUTTONS NOT A BAD DAY. GLAD YOU GOT YOUR BUTTON BACK....

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IRON PATCH SO YOU WERE OUT WITH A FREIND TODAY , AND FOUND 5 FRENCH MARINE BUTTONS NOT A BAD DAY. GLAD YOU GOT YOUR BUTTON BACK....

Yes, out with a friend, he dug 3, and me 2, and it was him who dropped it down the drain and got it back.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job guys! Looks like I better get my ass back out there and find some good stuff. Better go get that Mass silver at the spoons site 8-)

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job guys! Looks like I better get my ass back out there and find some good stuff. Better go get that Mass silver at the spoons site 8-)

Well it's coming to an end soon for a while. But maybe we'll be able to get a little something one more time.

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those early buttons are great finds, but the rest of the story about dropping a button down the sink, :icon_pale: breaking the sink, :help: the wife with no sink :angry1: - that's the best part. If he had posted the buttons himself, I would have voted banner just for the story. That's funny. :laughing7:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're finding some really nice buttons lately. Such great history, love learning about them.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread