Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
This coin was found in an old farm field yesterday by my friend Jason, who does not have a digital camera. I was thinking Spanish, but it looks as if the word France is on it. I was surprised French coins did not say Francaise. It is copper and 25 mm diameter.

UPDATED: THANKS FOR THE ID IRON PATCH!!

Attachments

• P3110001a.JPG
    P3110001a.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 666
  • P3110007.JPG
    P3110007.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 631
Upvote 0
Re: Spanish Colonial Copper?? Help with ID , Please!

French 6 Deniers (Circa. 1710-1712)

Re: French Colonial Copper 1710-1712

Thanks for the ID!!!

Now thats a field I'd like to camp in.

Thanks Neil!

Thanks Neil for the photo post and thank you very much Iron Patch!! Nice fast ID!! We need to pound that field hard Neil!!

Re: Thanks Neil!

fir469 said:
Thanks Neil for the photo post and thank you very much Iron Patch!! Nice fast ID!! We need to pound that field hard Neil!!

Happy to reply, as it was an easy one for me. (I have many early French sites) When coins that old turn up who knows what else there may be!

Iron Patch said:
fir469 said:

Happy to reply, as it was an easy one for me. (I have many early French sites) When coins that old turn up who knows what else there may be!

Yeah. Some really old iron. :D

Nice find fir469. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Jason!

Lets hit that field hard at the next opportunity!

RPG said:
Iron Patch said:
fir469 said:

2,000 lbs worth?

Iron Patch said:
RPG said:
Iron Patch said:
fir469 said:

2,000 lbs worth?

At least. :D

Nice one , great patina :icon_thumright:

You guys find too much more iron, you might want to think about opening up a smelter.....help out the economy, and keep
some jobs in the States. Nice coin.....and an oldie. For sure, if that coin is there, then what else might be there, is
anything from the date of the coin to the present......really leaves the field open, doesn't it.
Good job. Good hunt and hunt site. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Congrats on that great find Neil! iF WHAT YOU ARE FINDING IS ANY INDICATION, COULD BE A HECK OF A YEAR FOR YA! Hogge :headbang:

I also would like to find one of these :o I like the patina on it ..1710 :thumbsup: Great find Neil WJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back