Frequency of Barber dime finds

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed some of those of you newer to CRH have found Barber dimes... How often are you finding them? Isolated or together? I'm up to almost 1,000 silver dimes found in circulation and still don't have a dang Barber dime to show for it. My numbers break down to 99 Merc dimes and 826 Roosies, 925 silver US dimes. I should hit 1,000 at some point this year, maybe in late October if I keep pace. I've also found about half a roll of Canadian silvers, and a single Cuban silver from 1915. But, as I said, no Barbers. I also haven't found a Barber half and I have to be over a few hundred in face in 90% silver halves by now.

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 barber dimes so far. 1907 and a 1903. They were found in the same box about 3 rolls apart. they were the only 2 silvers in the box. Back in the winter there were a lot of people finding barbers in my area so im guessing someone dumped a stash of silver at some point. I am thinking the same thing now as well. I have been finding FDRs that are in BU condition in almost every box i get. Sometimes a half dozen in each box. Someone probably dumped a large amount of silver dimes locally again because there is no way 90% of the dimes i am finding have been circulating since the 60s. There just in to good of shape. Hopefully someone dumps some barbers and mercs!! Good luck with your barbers.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 barber dimes so far. 1907 and a 1903. They were found in the same box about 3 rolls apart. they were the only 2 silvers in the box. Back in the winter there were a lot of people finding barbers in my area so im guessing someone dumped a stash of silver at some point. I am thinking the same thing now as well. I have been finding FDRs that are in BU condition in almost every box i get. Sometimes a half dozen in each box. Someone probably dumped a large amount of silver dimes locally again because there is no way 90% of the dimes i am finding have been circulating since the 60s. There just in to good of shape. Hopefully someone dumps some barbers and mercs!! Good luck with your barbers.

And how many other dimes have you found? I'm looking for more ratio's than anything else.

Sirreckless619

Apr 18, 2012
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 3 barber dimes. Two from CWR, along with a few Mercs. (obviously a collection) the other I found in a box of dimes.

238 rosies
43 Mercs
7 Canadians

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no barber dimes in the 3 years i've been searching, not to mention my keepers per box ratio is real low though

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Found 6 Barber dimes about 2009, have found close to 100 mercs in 5 years, plus a roll and a half of silver Canadians, close to 1,000 silver Rosies.

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm jealous of everybody that has found Barbers, man... even some of you newbies. :(

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I've found one Barber dime pout of almost 1000...

Keep at it!

Never found a commem half though. Still waiting.

HB

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Never found a Barber dime, did however find a 1906 Barber half a teller saved for me but that's the only Barber coin I've ever gotten in circulation.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found a barber the other day out of 4 CWR rolls. Theyre out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread