frequenting of local banks in your area

capitalfun8

Dec 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hi

We all know CWR halves produce more silver or at least right now they have been and I was wondering after opening 2 more bank accounts at 2 different banks, what the frequency that you stop at a specific bank on your route to and from work or school. Once a day, once a week, once a month. I ask because I dont want to keep going in one bank and overly annoy the tellers and to actually find halves. I was personally going to do once a week and if not picking finding any CWR halves trying once every two weeks.

Upvote 0

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Im kinda new here myself, but from what I have done is build a relationship with certain tellers. Get to know them a little. One thing I did to get my dump banks lined up is to ask, "How many boxes of ____, can you handle?" One bank said 4 boxes. I called my CU and explained how much I wanted to dump per week and they said no problem. Again 4 boxes.

As for stopping in? Well, there is a branch that has churned out so silver in a big way. I go there 2 or 3 times a week. The one teller knows me pretty well and told others to save the half dollars because I come in often to get them.

My other p/u bank, the assistant vp of the branch looks for old coins for me. He has found me a 67 half and a 57 roosie. Im in there 3 or 4 times a week. They like to see what oddities I have found. (2 magician's coins in a week and a half)

My other branch that I dump at, well...the main teller isnt too happy when I come carting in 2 boxes of halves. I did tell her if I brought them in, I would make sure it was enough to ship them back out. I also asked one day how much they needed to ship some out and they told me. The next day I gave them the amount they needed so they could get rid of the ones in the vault.

Im thinking this next week Im getting some cookies or something for the dump banks and something for the assistant VP and his team that suppies me with coin.

If I stop in a branch often to look for coins and they dont have any, I tell them I dont want to bother them asking all the time. I do this in a very polite tone. They have all said, "No problem, stop in whenever you can."

Good luck in the hunt. Im thinking someone is starting to gain ground on my turf in the area Ive been looking. LOL

Novapax

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 time a week i use about 35 40 banks for pick ups and dumps. :tard:

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not spend any time chasing the CWR or loose halves. Yes they can produce, but my time is valuable. I do about 40 boxes a week and pickup from 5 branches on a given week. I use some different banks every week. Dumping is the same thing. I use different banks every week.

I will not travel more than 10 miles from my current location(home or work) to visit a bank, as I said, I hate wasting my time.

N8

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not spend any time chasing the CWR or loose halves. Yes they can produce, but my time is valuable. I do about 40 boxes a week and pickup from 5 branches on a given week. I use some different banks every week. Dumping is the same thing. I use different banks every week.

I will not travel more than 10 miles from my current location(home or work) to visit a bank, as I said, I hate wasting my time.

+1

At the banks I routinely go to I always ask for loose and CWR, but I rarely go on big loops anymore, to much other stuff to do with the twins on the way and I'm training again.

Bigheed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread