Fresh Fruit

S

stefen

Several Months ago I purchased a cup of fresh fruit from Panera and the fruit was hard as a rock and obviously not ripe.

So I brought the fruit back to the Sales Associate (teen with acne) and stated that the fruit was not ripe.

He stated that maybe it was old and turned away blowing me off...

The manager was close-by so I restated the problem and asked for a refund which was reluctantly given.

My receipt happened to have an email address for a review of the store and its products...I answered and found a comment box which I filled with my complaint...this was quickly responded to with an accompanying voucher for a gratis bagel and coffee...

Supposedly the problem has been remedied, so the spokesperson stated...

Well, this morning I stopped in for a sesame bagel, latte and the manager gave me a fruit cup stating that is was fresh and ripe as could be expected...

The bagels with cream cheese was fantastic as is the quality and flavor of the latte...but the cantelope was again, as hard as a proverbial rock.

The manager stopped by my table and asked what I thought of the fresh fruit...I just pointed to the cup of uneaten cantelope...She picked up the cup apologetically stating something about kicking a suppliers butt...

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we be having the same problem with fruit up here but its the imported !@%$@# that is bad. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
S

stefen

To knowingly serve unripened fruit and pass it off as fresh is not kosher

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
To knowingly serve unripened fruit and pass it off as fresh is not kosher
ya but do they know if its ripe if all they eat is crappola ???

OP
OP
S

stefen

This fruit is prepared by a vendor, who should know his product...

Jeez...go to a market of any kind and select the fruit by the smell of the button or the thump sound...

Hell, I even have had produce grocer's cut a melon wedge and taste test for ripeness...expecially watermelon...

You ever hand tested a melon?

OK. OK. I know where you're going...get you mind back the topic of fruits... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions