Fresh water hunting deep signals

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am fresh water hunting I get a lot of deep signals in al ranges, 95% of them are false.i will dig and dig until it finally disappears . I have lowered sensitivity to 15 iron to 0 and speed to 1- and 2. The biggest problem every once and awhile it is a good signal. I also check all deep signals from more than 1 direction. Over all doing very well in the water. Is this normal or is there something else I can try. Like always thanks.i forgot a few things I have a 600 I did EMI but not ground balance

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowering recovery speed too low will cause falsing as well as not having a sat ground balance. Would be helpful to know what search profile mode you are using. If you are getting a lot of mid signals that could be small aluminum or foil which will float away after you scoop it out of the hole.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Larwar

Jul 23, 2014
New Richmond WI
Detector(s) used
A T Pro. Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually hunt water in park 1 or 2 which ever seems to sound stable

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without knowing what the bottom of the body of water looks like, hard to tell. I suspect it is small stuff like I mentioned or you could be in a mineralized bottom, in which ground balancing can help. If you are in flowing water and the bottom is mineralized, that could be similar to a salt beach situation and I would consider using tracking ground balance to see if that clears things up.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this happen also. I was getting some very rusty bottle caps and some would disintegrate in the scoop. Some aluminum foil wrappers and cap liners can float away and have chased after those Maybe just trash that rusted away but was never disturbed until i come along and mix it up with the scoop. I switch profiles more then i probably should, haven't tried any other then the parks and fields. No stand out really, i hit a fresh water river beach that the Army corps of engineers dump sand and gets a lot of people on it. Also deep beer cans can seem to move around, if your over 12" and still cant find it it's a deep can.

Last edited:

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Larmar please write more data, what mode did you used, and other parameteres. Did you check these signals in different angles swings, move away some material from the bottom and check again before dig with the scoop? I think the 1-2 recovery speed give more false signal

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit it again early in park 2 sensitivity 20-22. Nothing great just clad, no problems. A few mystery signals, Rolling Rock cap tones are too cruel :happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread