Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that I have been hunting in the lakes with the XP Deus for the last 3 weeks or so, I am having problems with a "no coil" on the RC. At first I noticed on the water kit, the antennae coming out of the clip end, had a broken jacket. I figured water was getting in there and disrupting the signal. I have since clipped off the bad piece of wire off and rerigged it with an unbroken section of wire. I really only get a disconnect when I'm chest to neck deep water. The 13 x 11 cuts out alot and the 9" round a little less. The antennae is run from the clip, (rubber band(factory) and plastic tie strap securing clip end) up the shaft, out of the water and onto my hat. RC is mounted int the plastic waterproof kit, and hangs around my neck. I have the coils running a higher sensitivity at 92 and the TX at 2. Looking for targets on the lake bed, should be more than enough coil power to keep the connection. Any suggestions on this no coil disconnect? Very annoying. You don't hear it disconnect as the coils are very quiet underwater. Thx for the help

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I think possibly you need the antenna closer to the remote.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’ve rigged my Orx with the top piece of a fishing rod. Antenna goes all the way up to the tip and is behind me when I hunt in the water so it doesn’t get in the way. Haven’t had any disconnect issues at all. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593813554.565985.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1593813567.714775.jpg

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Thx Irish. looked into that as well. The tag end is tied to the hat which leaves it out of the water. I completely submerge the unit at times, but felt as long as the wire is out of the water, the RC should be able to communicate with it. The RC is around my neck and floating, not underwater. I use my WS-4's as well. Lose comm with both the 13 x 11 and 9" x35. More disconnects with the big coil.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Thx Irish. looked into that as well. The tag end is tied to the hat which leaves it out of the water. I completely submerge the unit at times, but felt as long as the wire is out of the water, the RC should be able to communicate with it. The RC is around my neck and floating, not underwater. I use my WS-4's as well. Lose comm with both the 13 x 11 and 9" x35. More disconnects with the big coil.

Yeah I do the same thing. Let the remote float. Never had the problem you are. Something isn’t right. If it’s doing it to “both” coils, then likely not the coils. Gotta be the wire somehow. I’d look into getting some knew wire and re-rig it. You can buy new wire like that for cheap at electronics store. “GiG Master” on YouTube shows how to install new wire kit on the Deus /Orx.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Pretty sure if you completely submerge the remote, the wire needs to be attached to the remote with a clip so the signal is directly in contact while it’s underwater. If it’s floating on the surface then as long as the wire is above water you’re good to go.

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
It’s floating in the Xp deus watertight kit. I met Steve(gig) when visiting VA Beach. Put me in his vid. Nice guy.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites Surf Dual Field, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus2
Make your own waterhunting kit, cheaper than factory and more durable.

What you’ll need: a high-quality waterproof mobile case with a jack connector, a thin and flexible coax cable, a headset or headphones with a 3.5 jack, and a few more little things.
I'll post pictures later.
This is how I have been using deus in water for years. In freshwater, this machine is the champion, unfortunately it doesn’t even follow the equinox in the case of small gold objects.

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Cable: RG 174U you need 2m long
The outer shield must be cut 30 mm long at both ends of the coax cable. Plug it into a plastic tube and fill it with hot glue against corrosion and water. I simply fasten it with an adhesive tape.
If you want to use both the remote control and factory headphones with one cable, you will need a longer one. Cut off the 30 mm outer shield of the remote control but leave the continuation for the headphones.

Velcro for hold coax end on plastic case: 3M Dual Lock (full plastic)
, the bottom end of coax I simply fasten to coil with an adhesive tape. IMG_20200908_203440.jpg IMG_20200906_174148.jpg IMG_20200906_174639.jpg IMG_20200906_174651.jpg

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you need the remote in water chest deep?? Why not just go by tones??

timmysys

Nov 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Why do you need the remote in water chest deep?? Why not just go by tones??
If you ask me, the answer is i love to see the XYscreen, and sometimes need to change settings.

OP
OP
CZKidd

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
I’ll give this a shot. Thx Tim. The 9”HF does not disconnect. All of the LF coils do sporadically. Drives me nuts.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Been hunting all summer in the water with the HF 9” round and never had an issue with disconnecting. It’s a great coil for water hunting. Not too big and not too small. Still big enough to cover lots of ground. It’s great when you get deeper, the white coil is a bonus for pinpointing in murky water and is still quite visible in waist and chest deep cloudy water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread